Pattaya Sports Club (Head office)

Pattaya Sports Club (Head office)
3/197 Pattaya 3rd Road, Pattaya, Banglamung, Thailand
(adjacent to the Pattaya Driving Range). Mobile:  0957 062 646
Phone:  038 415 424. Open daily from 9:00 – 17:00.

https://pattayasports.org/

If you intend to play golf in Pattaya or the surrounding area and want your golfing experience to be easy, cost effective and hassle free, you need to be a Pattaya Sports Club member.

• It’s easy to make new friends as a PSC member
  • Many of the members you golf with are long-term expats or regular visitors and are more than happy to pass on insider local knowledge about where to go and what to see in our great City.
  • Our membership is diverse, multinational and non-discriminative
  • With 11,000 members we have a huge negotiating advantage and we use every bit of that to extract the best possible deals for our members on golf fees
  • Being a registered, government recognized non-profit association our members get the benefits not a 3rd party or agent so we pass on huge savings, especially on green fees.
  • You get exclusive access to Discounts on wide range of products and services from Hotels, Restaurants Car hire and a lot more… View Member’s Discounts
  • You are helping to support local worthwhile charities… View Charity
  • Being a Pattaya Sports Club member… Golf Made Easy
  • Membership is very cost effective. One or two rounds and the discount you receive pays for your membership after that it’s all cream. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Green Fees for Sale in Pattaya

IMG_20200916_164939.jpg

Here is a photo we took this week at the Pattaya Sports Club offices off Third Road Pattaya, showing what green fee vouchers they have on offer.

If you are already a member then all you need is to go there and pick them up.

If you want to buy them and are not a member, then it costs just THB900 for an annual card membership or THB2,900 for a Gold Card valid for 6 years.

Apart from then being able to take advantage of buying these low-priced green fee vouchers, Pattaya Sports Club members can also take advantage of discounted rates at most of the 28 golf clubs in the region. You just show your membership card when you arrive at the golf club.

Happy golfing.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Thaivisa Golf said:

Special deal for PSC members

Special deal at Siam Country Club Plantation on 19-20th October 2020

Green fee+ Caddy +Cart 3,000 Baht / Day ( PSC Members only)

Booking and pay in advance at PSC office.

Tel. 09 5706 2646

special-deal-at-Plantation.jpg

It was a good deal last Month @2000baht all in imho......so why the 50% increase to 3000baht??

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Pattaya Sports Club Events Cancelled 

Due to the ongoing uncertainty regarding the Covid 19 restrictions we reluctantly have to announce that the PSC Charity Golf Day planned for the 12th January 2021 at Burapha Golf Course will be cancelled.

Given the current restrictions on public gatherings and the consumption of alcohol and after discussions with the Thai Garden Resort, we have decided to postpone the New Year Party on 16th January for the time being.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause but are circumstances beyond our control

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Is it in all honesty worth me renewing my membership? (Golf only)  My handicap is updated instantly using Birdie on there app which is FOC

in all the years i have been a member never have i had to show my Psc membership card anywhere  (only to renew it).

I also feel that you should do better deals with all the golf courses seeing as you have 11000 plus members. Golf carts for instance should be half the price that they are at all golf courses that insist on the cart being Only allowed on a cart path and not on the course. Queenwood Golf Club in England a more exclusive golf club than any in Thailand only allowed carts (providing you had a good reason to want one) on the course and not in the rough. Where carts are normally allowed on the course but due to wet weather they are not allowed then there should be a discount for said times. I dont see that happening anywhere.

Players spend more time walking than they do in the cart,and you can hire a car for the whole day for less money than some of these courses are charging. More of my pals are not renewing there membership as they do not see any benefit from it.

7 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Is it in all honesty worth me renewing my membership? (Golf only)  My handicap is updated instantly using Birdie on there app which is FOC

in all the years i have been a member never have i had to show my Psc membership card anywhere  (only to renew it).

I also feel that you should do better deals with all the golf courses seeing as you have 11000 plus members. Golf carts for instance should be half the price that they are at all golf courses that insist on the cart being Only allowed on a cart path and not on the course. Queenwood Golf Club in England a more exclusive golf club than any in Thailand only allowed carts (providing you had a good reason to want one) on the course and not in the rough. Where carts are normally allowed on the course but due to wet weather they are not allowed then there should be a discount for said times. I dont see that happening anywhere.

Players spend more time walking than they do in the cart,and you can hire a car for the whole day for less money than some of these courses are charging. More of my pals are not renewing there membership as they do not see any benefit from it.

i haven't bothered to renew IPGC or PSC. By the way with Birdie presumably the courses are rated on there? if not can you rate yourself?

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i haven't bothered to renew IPGC or PSC. By the way with Birdie presumably the courses are rated on there? if not can you rate yourself?

Now that i dont know but i have just messaged Shane at Birdie so hopefully will get an answer soon? What i do know is that when i enter a score i get my Teeing handicap for that particular course...so maybe that answers your question?

On Birdie i like the layout and the fact you can rate the course the caddies clubhouse etc etc and leave positive/negative comments.

Footnote:Unless someone from PSC says they are going to visit all the courses and renegotiate a better rate for us Resident Ex-pats then i too wont bother to renew.

• Like 1

Shane Ruddle
Hi Keith, I am not really sure what he means. The courses on Birdie are rated in line with the PSC, TGA and the course ratings if they have done them themselves. Of course you can't rate the courses yourself so I am a little confused by that comment

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:
Shane Ruddle
Hi Keith, I am not really sure what he means. The courses on Birdie are rated in line with the PSC, TGA and the course ratings if they have done them themselves. Of course you can't rate the courses yourself so I am a little confused by that comment

I'm referring to the 9 hole navy courses at Sattahip, in particular Royal Fleet and Marine. Quite likely they aren't rated on Birdie? that's why i was asking. Currently we are calculating handicaps on a spreadsheet as we only play those two courses now, we will have a handicap for each course

Edited by scubascuba3

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm referring to the 9 hole navy courses at Sattahip, in particular Royal Fleet and Marine. Quite likely they aren't rated on Birdie? that's why i was asking. Currently we are calculating handicaps on a spreadsheet as we only play those two courses now, we will have a handicap for each course

Fair enough...just out of interest,what does Marine require for you to play there...ie showing of pink card passport etc etc if anything?

16 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Is it in all honesty worth me renewing my membership?

As an individual player for golf discounts I would say not at all at the moment. If the player numbers get back to old high season numbers then booking as an individual (rather than going with a group) you may not get as good prices.

However we are a long way from that situation......

I renewed mine last year but really only to make my contribution to charity..............

I agree with you  that as far as golf discounts/carts go they have not been seen to be really overly proactive for some years now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, topt said:

As an individual player for golf discounts I would say not at all at the moment. If the player numbers get back to old high season numbers then booking as an individual (rather than going with a group) you may not get as good prices.

However we are a long way from that situation......

I renewed mine last year but really only to make my contribution to charity..............

I agree with you  that as far as golf discounts/carts go they have not been seen to be really overly proactive for some years now.

Precisely it would be nice to see announcement from Psc that on behalf of Resident Ex Pats and i repeat Resident Ex Pats that a deal or offer has been achieved with/for etc etc etc  I could not give a toss about Tourist,s because i aint one, and i have paid the Tourist price for Golf In France Mallorca Portugal Turkey Scotland Wales South Africa...not a problem.

55 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Fair enough...just out of interest,what does Marine require for you to play there...ie showing of pink card passport etc etc if anything?

They've relaxed the rules, now a driving licence or i give them a laminate copy of my passport.

I've just checked Birdie, both courses are on there

Edited by scubascuba3

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

They've relaxed the rules, now a driving licence or i give them a laminate copy of my passport. Can you check birdie to see if Fleet or Marine are on there? no point me setting up an account if they aren't

There are 3 Royal Fleet courses listed on Birdie A B and C and Marine and ACDC and Recruit Training Center Golf Course all have ratings by people who have played there and my Teeing handicap shows up for each course when entered....very very good imho

2 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

There are 3 Royal Fleet courses listed on Birdie A B and C and Marine and ACDC and Recruit Training Center Golf Course all have ratings by people who have played there and my Teeing handicap shows up for each course when entered....very very good imho

You,ll be thanking me for that info.....(Tea no sugar) Green Way driving range 3.30pm 🤣

59 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

You,ll be thanking me for that info.....(Tea no sugar) Green Way driving range 3.30pm 🤣

Thanks, i found it in fact added 3 scores. Thing is Marine is much more difficult, Fleet I shot -1 the other day, Fleet +8. I can't tell if the courses have Indexes\handicaps, both courses are par 72 so would produce a nonsense handicap if they are treated the same.

Edit: seems there is course index producing a handicap for each course, I'll see eventually if it produces an accurate handicap

Edited by scubascuba3