Elite: how many blank passport pages do I need?

I'm thinking about springing for an Elite visa and hopefully coming to Thailand in the next 4-6 months.

I have only got 3 completely blank pages left in my passport. When I looked at ed visas, I was told there was a minimum requirement of 4 blank pages. Normally of course you'd just renew your passport, but apparently the waiting list is several months long.

Does anyone know any more about this?

14 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Don't the UK passport offices have a priority service?

The OP did not mention where he is from. Not sure they are offering the expedited service at this time in the UK. I read they have huge backlog of applications the other day.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The OP did not mention where he is from. Not sure they are offering the expedited service at this time in the UK. I read they have huge backlog of applications the other day.

Yes I read 400,000. And I think I read that from here the fast track service has been suspended. I just can't fathom how broken the UK passport office has become. Even in these days.

I just renewed my NZ passport. Uploaded the completed application 3 days ago, photo etc. Got an email saying replacement passport on its way via express courier. Totally amazing! What's that? 5 day turn around?

UK - failed state?

• Haha 1

I am still not sure about the arrival process for people who buy Elite now.

Because we do not have the visa sticker in our passports and the whole arrival process has changed - I doubt Elite staff will be able to collect us from the airplane to affix the sticker. I wrote them about it and hope it is possible for new members too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cerox said:

I doubt Elite staff will be able to collect us from the airplane to affix the sticker.

Everyone goes through immigration and considering they seem to be on something of a sales drive I have a feeling it will all be OK, just a little different to what used to be normal.

The visa is inserted by immigration staff anyway, the whole meeting you from the plane thing is just to take you to the immigration office and make sure the process goes smoothly.

The wifey at Thailand Elite told me it was better to have at least 6 pages, the requisite 3 are required for the visa and all the other stamps, TM30 and other miscellaneous garbage they attach to your passport.

Having spare pages will save you a headache later on.

• Like 1