Storms wreak havoc in 13 Thai provinces

webfact

Storms wreak havoc in 13 provinces

By The Nation

800_3f59d3dc6fec91b.png?v=1595996729

Storms hit Chainat, Lamphun, Phayao, Phitsanulok, Udon Thani, Nong Bua Lamphu, Nakhon Ratchasima, Khon Kaen, Chon Buri, Sing Buri, Saraburi, Nonthaburi and Krabi, causing at least one death and damaging 160 houses since July 6.

The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation reported the situation has been resolved in the 13 provinces with cooperation between the department and the Army.

Department director-general Chayabol Thitisak said the southwest monsoon that covered the Andaman Sea and Thailand from July 6 till today (July 29) was the cause of the disaster.

The destruction in 139 villages in Nakhon Ratchasima resulted in one person dying and a school, four small fishing boats, two cars and one motorcycle being damaged.

Responsible organisations in the 13 provinces have helped victims by distributing groceries, roofs and material for household repairs. Also, the Finance Ministry is preparing compensation for damages and the one casualty.

Soure: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30392087

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-07-29

10 hours ago, Almer said:

Sorry if its me but the report states 4 fishing boats were damaged in Korat, Korat is as far from the coast as it can be

The post stated "four small fishing boats" as far as I am aware boats can also be used on inland waterways such as rivers & lakes... not just confined to the ocean.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Almer said:

Sorry if its me but the report states 4 fishing boats were damaged in Korat, Korat is as far from the coast as it can be

They Are small.  By the time the crew are on board there is little room for the fish! 

IMG_20200730_125912.jpg

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Almer said:

I live just outside Udon Thani and it hasn't rained here for weeks, nice to read that there have been "storms" i thought we were enduring the worst drought for 50 years!

• Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 11:32 AM, webfact said:

The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation reported the situation has been resolved in the 13 provinces with cooperation between the department and the Army.

These army guys are so good they can even control the weather ????