What is the best way to transfer money from Germany?

MrShin

The company from Germany many years transfer money to my Thai account using Transferwise, but now they cannot use it because Transferwise incoming bank account was moved from Germany to Belgium and the company has problems with cross border transfers. Direct transfer comes with high fees, the same for PayPal.

Can you advice something as Transferwise replacement?

1 hour ago, MrShin said:

was moved from Germany to Belgium and the company has problems with cross border transfers

It's only an IBAN. It really makes no difference if you pay to a German IBAN or Belgium IBAN. And you can also fund a Transferwise account with a German credit card. And I see that you can even use SOFORT to fund the account. Are you sure that the Belgium bank account is the problem?

If you have an address in Europe somewhere (or family with an address you can use) you can try to open a N26.com account remotely. You will get a German bank account + internet banking and the freedom to move money to Transferwise.

Edited by dimitriv
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

The best and safest way is always bank to bank. Also that is always possible, so no problem that makes the need to cry for losing 500 baht a month. OOOh Terrible!

No the best way is a currency broker like Currencies Direct. Far better exchange rate if you send Euro to a Baht account.

6 hours ago, MrShin said:

The company from Germany many years transfer money to my Thai account using Transferwise, but now they cannot use it because Transferwise incoming bank account was moved from Germany to Belgium and the company has problems with cross border transfers. Direct transfer comes with high fees, the same for PayPal.

Can you advice something as Transferwise replacement?

If the Belgian Bank is a real bank it should have no problem with making remittances to a bank account in Thailand. What is the name of the bank?

10 minutes ago, Puccini said:

The company from Germany many years transfer money to my Thai account using Transferwise, but now they cannot use it because Transferwise incoming bank account was moved from Germany to Belgium and the company has problems with cross border transfers...

What do mean with "Transferwise incoming bank account"?

11 minutes ago, Puccini said:

...the company has problems with cross border transfers...

Problem with transferring money from what country to what country?

6 hours ago, Puccini said:

What do mean with "Transferwise incoming bank account"?

Transferwise changed the IBAN of client accounts from Germany to Belgium. So if you want to use Transferwise and want to use a bank transfer to fund your Transferwise account you now have to use a different IBAN.

Although this shouldn't make any difference. If you can transfer money to a German IBAN you can also transfer money to a Belgium IBAN.

10 hours ago, Logosone said:

No the best way is a currency broker like Currencies Direct. Far better exchange rate if you send Euro to a Baht account.

Yes, and after that the hassle with getting the right transfer code on your papers. You do that if you cry over losing 500 - 2 000 baht in costs.

I like it clear and easy with no hassle, and are happy to pay a little bit extra for that.