Cheapest Fare To Hong Kong!

junkofdavid2

Hello!

The other thread before this set the parameters on the cheapest fare from BKK-HKG-BKK of airlines which are NOT budget-airlines.

Their conclusion seemed to be China Airlines. I checked the China Airlines website, and it's about 7,000 THB already including taxes. Not bad.

How about among the budget airlines?

How much is the cheapest including taxes?

What is the website?

Cheers!

thanks!

actually i checked that out already...

their website is just so hard to understand. doesn't give a clear answer as to how much the fare plus taxes actually is; and uses a lot of "airline lingo" in labeling prices of of the different services so you don't know which pertains to the airfare, the surcharge, the tax, and the total fare.

hope their airline is okay, coz their website sucks! :o

Air Asia fly from BKK to Macau for under 4000THB, if you can be bothered dealing with the extra hassle of taking the turbo jet ferry from Macau to Hong Kong (ca 1300THB return).

From Macau International Airport you can take a direct shuttle service to the ferry terminal, avoiding having to pass through Macau immigration. The boats from Macau to Hong Kong leave throughout the day, you can check the schedule here

I flew Emirates a few weeks ago. got two return tickets for 14,000 THB total. Great service and great food. Air Asia only goes to Macau and 12go may not be reliable. Fin Air also have some deals, but Emirates use good777-300 planes with PTV's.

If you want to avoid travelling on older aircraft, definitely avoid Orient Thai / 1-2-Go...

I flew Emirates a few weeks ago. got two return tickets for 14,000 THB total. Great service and great food. Air Asia only goes to Macau and 12go may not be reliable. Fin Air also have some deals, but Emirates use good777-300 planes with PTV's.

If you want to avoid travelling on older aircraft, definitely avoid Orient Thai / 1-2-Go...

Yes avoid Orient Thai,they use very old aircraft and delay/cancel alot on this route. I have seen their HKG-BKK flight delayed up to 12 hours on the departure board in HKG..be warned!

Orient Thai seems to be the only discount airline flying this route non stop although I remember a few months ago there was Hong Kong Airlines (airline code N8) flying to BKK aswell. Not sure if they still do but check their website. They use ultra modern 737-800s and market themselves as low cost, flying mainly to mainland China.

Hong Kong airport,unlike alot of competitors in the region,is not giving a discount to budget airlines on landing rights,service charges etc. Even though some airlines (Air Asia) have offered to park at remote locations,use awful arrival/departure slots and buy their own buses to shuttle passengers,HKG will not budge.The airport is very expensive to use and therefore few 'no frills 'will fly there.

Hong Kong airport,unlike alot of competitors in the region,is not giving a discount to budget airlines on landing rights,service charges etc. Even though some airlines (Air Asia) have offered to park at remote locations,use awful arrival/departure slots and buy their own buses to shuttle passengers,HKG will not budge.The airport is very expensive to use and therefore few 'no frills 'will fly there.

They're probably trying to earn back the construction costs as quickly as possible... The Philippine airline Cebu Pacific flies there, and then there is of course the HKG-based long-haul airline Oasis Hong Kong. Oasis currently flies to London Gatwick and plans to launch its second route in June, to Vancouver.

They're probably trying to earn back the construction costs as quickly as possible... The Philippine airline Cebu Pacific flies there, and then there is of course the HKG-based long-haul airline Oasis Hong Kong. Oasis currently flies to London Gatwick and plans to launch its second route in June, to Vancouver.

HKG has a few discount airlines operating there...they are just not able to offer seats at the price they would like because the costs are so high.

Jetstar and Valuair both operate a few HKG-SIN roundtrips daily but the prices are on par with full-service airlines because the competition is so high that the full-sevices airlines are already offering seats at a very low price.

You will occasionally see Jetstar and Valuair offering cheaper seats but it is usually just a few seats at that price and designed only to attract the buyers attention.

Would be great if HKG would loosen up a bit allowing some no-frills in,but from what I have heard it is doing very well and doesnt need the extra business.

HKG has a few discount airlines operating there...they are just not able to offer seats at the price they would like because the costs are so high.

Jetstar and Valuair both operate a few HKG-SIN roundtrips daily but the prices are on par with full-service airlines because the competition is so high that the full-sevices airlines are already offering seats at a very low price.

You will occasionally see Jetstar and Valuair offering cheaper seats but it is usually just a few seats at that price and designed only to attract the buyers attention.

Would be great if HKG would loosen up a bit allowing some no-frills in,but from what I have heard it is doing very well and doesnt need the extra business.

Well, if I can choose between flying on a Jetstar A320 or Cathay Pacific 747 or 777 for the same price, I would definitely go for the latter. I flew on Jetstar once from Singapore to Bangkok and I can honestly say that it probably was the worst flight I ever had.