Tablet with keyboard or laptop?

JohnnyNJoy

Tablet with Keyboard or Laptop?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I personally like to use a tablet with a keyboard more often than my Laptop. I think it's the ease of use compared to a laptop. Don't get me wrong, Laptops rock, and they have their purpose. But if you're doing general online things, a good tablet with a wireless keyboard works just as good. I have a microsoft surface that works perfectly for me. If I no longer want to use my tablet as a PC, I just revert it back to a tablet. 

What do you prefer? 

17 minutes ago, JohnnyNJoy said:

I have a microsoft surface that works perfectly for me.

A Microsoft surface isn't a tablet. It's a device which can be used as tablet or as laptop. If you attach a keyboard it's equal to any other Laptop (it runs Windows 10).

22 minutes ago, JohnnyNJoy said:

I personally like to use a tablet with a keyboard more often than my Laptop.

Do you own any "real" tablet? (One based on Android or iOS)

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, jackdd said:

A Microsoft surface isn't a tablet. It's a device which can be used as tablet or as laptop. If you attach a keyboard it's equal to any other Laptop (it runs Windows 10).

No anything bigger than a smartphone must have Windows 10 for me .....as i am used years already on windows .....and i can look under the "engine hood " from them....android is a mystery for me..????

• Like 1

my vote would have gone to 'laptop with external keyboard/mouse/monitor/hdd/speakers.

also i tried a bluetooth keyboard once, still got it actually,

but it lags, i bought another mini keyboard with usb connection, no lag

Edited by scammed

19 hours ago, JohnnyNJoy said:

I personally like to use a tablet with a keyboard more often than my Laptop. I think it's the ease of use compared to a laptop. Don't get me wrong, Laptops rock, and they have their purpose. But if you're doing general online things, a good tablet with a wireless keyboard works just as good. I have a microsoft surface that works perfectly for me. If I no longer want to use my tablet as a PC, I just revert it back to a tablet. 

What do you prefer? 

It depends where I use it and for what I use it.

For work: Big Desktop PC with or or two big screens and periphery

For gaming: Big Desktop PC with one big screen

For work with lots of typing outside: A ThinkPad notebook. Because the screen and keyboard are one stable unit it's easy to put that thing also on my legs and type - if necessary.

For looking at the news or videos on the sofa: MS Surface without the keyboard

For emergency work computer usage far away from home: The MS Surface with keyboard (because it's small and light)

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Who invented that definition? You?

Microsoft. They usually use terms like "Use it like a laptop or tablet", but don't call it just "tablet"

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What makes the Surface not a tablet? 

If you refer to something as a tablet, 99% of users will think about something like an iPad or an Android tablet with many constraints.

They won't think about a Windows 10 device which is a fully fledged laptop if you attach the keyboard.

If OP wants to compare his surface to any common laptop, he could as well have asked: Do you prefer a laptop with a fixed or a detachable keyboard?

Edited by jackdd

20 hours ago, jackdd said:

I mostly use it as a tablet, as it's what I use on the go for the most part. I had a Samsung Galaxy tab for a while, but sold it as it wasn't meeting my needs. If anything, I'd say it's a tablet/laptop combo. 

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It depends where I use it and for what I use it.

For work: Big Desktop PC with or or two big screens and periphery

For gaming: Big Desktop PC with one big screen

For work with lots of typing outside: A ThinkPad notebook. Because the screen and keyboard are one stable unit it's easy to put that thing also on my legs and type - if necessary.

For looking at the news or videos on the sofa: MS Surface without the keyboard

For emergency work computer usage far away from home: The MS Surface with keyboard (because it's small and light)

This is pretty much the same for me. I have a desktop PC as well and it sits in my room, I use that mostly for gaming and extensive work stuff. My surface is used when I want to be more relaxed while working, and I can move around my home easier too. 

• Like 1