Thai Navy SEALs to join search for missing crew of sunken ferry off Samui Island

snoop1130

Thai Navy SEALs to join search for missing crew of sunken ferry off Samui Island

E94C634B-D904-48E4-A24A-0F0EFA6D7ED2.png

Members of the Thai Navy SEALs will be sent to Samui Island to help in the search for four missing crew members, from the ferry which sank in rough seas about five kilometres from the popular tourist destination, as concerns grow about the garbage being carried by the sunken vessel.

In addition to the Thai Navy SEALs, foreign divers on the island, and a marine rescue team from nearby Koh Tao, have announced their readiness to join the search, if there is a request from the Thai authorities.

Surat Thani Governor Wichavut Jinto said that search teams are studying the blueprints of the sunken ferry, before resuming the search, now being hampered by choppy seas and strong winds.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-navy-seals-to-join-search-for-missing-crew-of-sunken-ferry-off-samui-island/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-08-03

• Sad 1

Every time I go on these ferries which is often I make sure I am in reach of a life jacket in Europe I doubt they would be allowed to go to sea they are rust buckets I have been on the one that sank RIP to those who perished ????????????????????

If they were serious, they would have been dispatched by helicopter, within two hours of this tragedy. The fact that a day or two later they are springing into action, inspires considerably less than awe. For marginal swimmers to survive in stormy seas for more that a couple of hours, is likely too much to hope for. 

Raja operates very old rust buckets. Best to stick with Seatran. 

• Like 1