Thai Spouse Visa Renewal. What Are The Exact Rules?

Hi all,

Next month I need to extend my Visa at Suan Phlu.

I have original a Non-Immigrant Visa type "o", changed to a Thai-Spouse Visa 3 year ago and with 2 extensions of stay.

Reading the entries in ThaiVisa.com about the problems other members have encountered when renewing their Visa extension, I have a question to which I found no adequate answer in Thaivisa.com nor anywhere else.

Can anybody give me a response to my problem that is reliable?

The problem:

I have deposit in a Fixed Foreign Currency Account (US Dollars) last year 400,000 Baht.

This money has not been withdrawn and there have been no movements in this Account due to the low exchange rate of the US Dollar.

I also have a current account for daily usage into which I have been made regular transfers from abroad every time the account dropped under the 50,000 Baht.

My income (abroad) is far more than the required 45,000 Baht and confirmed by an Affidavit from my Embassy.

I plan to make another transfer to my Foreign Currency Account of 400,000 Baht for my Visa Extension application next moth, combined with the Affidavit from my Embassy and the regular Current Account transfers.

Question:

Is this enough to guarantee my Visa extension without problems?

I have read about others who has seen their Visa Extension refused on the fact that there was no movement of their FC Account.

Trying to understand the rules, it says clearly that the applicant is required to show a deposit of 400,000 Baht OR a monthly income of 45,000 Baht.

As my income is more than 45,000 Baht monthly and this is confirmed by an Affidavit from my Embassy, would Thai Immigration refuse my Visa on the base of "no movement in my Foreign Currency Account"?

The regular transfers to my Current Account in the period from May 2006-May 2007 combined with my monthly income is far higher as the rule of the "Combined Income/Deposit".

TIA

Coalminer

Hi all,

Next month I need to extend my Visa at Suan Phlu.

I have original a Non-Immigrant Visa type "o", changed to a Thai-Spouse Visa 3 year ago and with 2 extensions of stay.

Reading the entries in ThaiVisa.com about the problems other members have encountered when renewing their Visa extension, I have a question to which I found no adequate answer in Thaivisa.com nor anywhere else.

Can anybody give me a response to my problem that is reliable?

The problem:

I have deposit in a Fixed Foreign Currency Account (US Dollars) last year 400,000 Baht.

This money has not been withdrawn and there have been no movements in this Account due to the low exchange rate of the US Dollar.

I also have a current account for daily usage into which I have been made regular transfers from abroad every time the account dropped under the 50,000 Baht.

My income (abroad) is far more than the required 45,000 Baht and confirmed by an Affidavit from my Embassy.

I plan to make another transfer to my Foreign Currency Account of 400,000 Baht for my Visa Extension application next moth, combined with the Affidavit from my Embassy and the regular Current Account transfers.

Question:

Is this enough to guarantee my Visa extension without problems?

I have read about others who has seen their Visa Extension refused on the fact that there was no movement of their FC Account.

Trying to understand the rules, it says clearly that the applicant is required to show a deposit of 400,000 Baht OR a monthly income of 45,000 Baht.

As my income is more than 45,000 Baht monthly and this is confirmed by an Affidavit from my Embassy, would Thai Immigration refuse my Visa on the base of "no movement in my Foreign Currency Account"?

The regular transfers to my Current Account in the period from May 2006-May 2007 combined with my monthly income is far higher as the rule of the "Combined Income/Deposit".

TIA

Coalminer

I stand to be corrected but I am sure for at least this application you will still qualify under the pre October 2006 rules.

IE. 400K in bank OR 40K monthly income. OR a combination of both.

Sorry but there is no definate answer. Some offices accept fixed account and some don`t. Some look for movment of cash and some don`t. It really is up to the individual officer you see on the day. Try giving them a ring and ask.

Sorry but there is no definate answer.
I was already affraid to have this reply.

It is up to the officer and HIS interpretation of the rules to make a decision whether Yes or Not I will get a Visa extension.

Some offices accept fixed account and some don`t.

Agreed for the Fixed Currency Account.

But besides my Fixed Account Deposit, I have a Current Account in which transferts from abroad has been made for about 400,000 Baht in the past year and my monthly income is far above the required 45,000 Baht.

Some look for movment of cash and some don`t.
For these offices, my Fixed Deposit Account would suffice then.
It really is up to the individual officer you see on the day.

That's what I'm affraid off.

Which leg has he come out off his bed that day.

Try giving them a ring and ask.

I'm affraid that giving them a ring and ask such a question would awake sleeping dogs.

Coalminer

Try to use the 400,000 first, then if this is problem use the 40,000k per month.

Because if you switch to using the 40,000k per month now you will have to use that from now on.

And for obviously reasons it is better to continue to have both options in the future.

They *should* accept your fixed account this year, but may warn you that *next* year you will need to show some cash movement. So then just move the money to a regular savings account, go to the bank each week and deposit 1,500 and take out 1,000 or something like this.