Thai Airways to offer special flights to Copenhagen and Taipei

Puccini

Thai Airways to offer special flights to Copenhagen and Taipei

4 Aug 2020 by Seher Asaf

Thai Airways says it will operate two roundtrip flights on its Bangkok-Taipei and Bangkok-Copenhagen routes this month.

Read more: https://www.businesstraveller.com/business-travel/2020/08/04/thai-airways-to-offer-special-flights-to-copenhagen-and-taipei/

Just now, fak119 said:

Does Thai Airways guarantee that we can come back?

Do Thai airways guarantee a refund when they cancel the flight?

Is more to the point, if they don't you'd need to be f'king stupid to buy a ticket.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

I would imagine that these flights are organised by the Thai Embassy in Copenhagen and Taipei, similar to what the UK embassy is doing. Large number of Thais living in Denmark and I know quite a few Danes in lower Isaan. 

BTW the UK flights can only be booked through a special site after first registering. As from 1 August non Thais can register and book but priority is given to Thais. The 3 August flights booked out in 24 hours. 

Edited by tso310
more info

5 hours ago, fak119 said:

Does Thai Airways guarantee that we can come back?

From the way I read that news article, Thai Airways will sell only one way tickets. I understand that these flights are meant for foreigners who came to Thailand for what was intended to be a short visit, because of the Covid-19 situation have not yet been able to leave, are eager to return to their jobs, etc back home and based on the latest amnesty announcement now must leave Thailand not later than 26 September 2020. I seem to remember some posts by people who said they were in this situation. 

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Do Thai airways guarantee a refund when they cancel the flight?

Is more to the point, if they don't you'd need to be f'king stupid to buy a ticket.

These are repatriation flights when coming back, so most likely no problems if booking an outbound flight. These flights have already been mentioned in The Nation online.