Flattened but alive! Man and two boys survive crushing by container truck - another jumps to safety

webfact

Flattened but alive! Man and two boys survive crushing by container truck - another jumps to safety

7pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Several people were lucky to survive after an 18 wheel truck carrying a container toppled over in Si Racha on Wednesday.

Brake failure has been blamed for the accident on the local road beside the Route 7 motorway near a container park.

There were three people inside a white Chevrolet Trailblazer - Dech, 43, and two boys aged 9 and 11.

Two forklifts were used to hoist the container off. All three survived and were taken to hospital in Sri Racha. 

The driver of another Chevy behind, Pranom, 43, said he feared the truck was about to overturn as he waited at some lights and managed to jump into the passenger seat and avoid death or injury.  

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-06

Pulled up next to an Artic' at lights last week and said to the Mrs 'Look his Container is not locked on'.  Dropped in behind him going further down the road and every bump he went over the Container jumped up and down.  I took the next right turn and we were away from him but i wonder how far he was going and if he got there without killing anyone ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

How come they can stop CV in its tracks but can't get a grip on that sneaky brake failure ..

words ( brake ) fail me ..  

They can fiddle the official numbers... and additional 20,000 or 30,000 deaths is not noticeable in a country which has 600,000 yearly deaths anyway.... Hospitals will not notice an additional 5% *(i.e. if 50 people die each month anyway, will it be notable if there are 53 ???) 

You also make a valid point: Thailand is risking 25% unemployment for Covid-19 yet does very little about road deaths and these companies which do not train their drivers or maintain their vehicles. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Pulled up next to an Artic' at lights last week and said to the Mrs 'Look his Container is not locked on'.  Dropped in behind him going further down the road and every bump he went over the Container jumped up and down.  I took the next right turn and we were away from him but i wonder how far he was going and if he got there without killing anyone ?

The guy probably couldn’t spare the 1 minute it would take to lock it , it ain’t going to fall on him 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Several people were lucky to survive after an 18 wheel truck carrying a container toppled over in Si Racha on Wednesday.

Does the new "safe trusted Thailand" extend to the road network?

• Haha 1

have never see any containers on trucks in Thailand locked down, much easier to let the containers come off and kill people as we have seen happen over the years, basically truckers are too lazy to bother to do it because it takes them extra time to lock and then unlock them. You only have to look at the trucks themselves, tail lights that dirty you cant even see them when they are on because too much trouble to clean them, majority of truckers just dont give a sh*t

4 hours ago, Foghorn said:

The guy probably couldn’t spare the 1 minute it would take to lock it , it ain’t going to fall on him 

If you look at the linked photos, the container was locked down.  The whole trailer (along with the cab) overturned.

20 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Mai pen rai!   He has his amulets...no problem!!!  Chugs another 3 red bulls.....pedal to the metal