Piles.

Luckydog

luckydog

2 months ago i spent the best 50k baht i have ever spent.

mine were hanging down like a bunch of grapes, kept giving me jip.

went into hospital on monday night, operated on tuesday morning, out on thursday night.

dont know why i didnt do it years ago, most sensible thing i have done in years.

go on just do it, you know it makes sense.

luckydog

went into hospital on monday night, operated on tuesday morning, out on thursday night.

dont know why i didnt do it years ago, most sensible thing i have done in years.

I found a product called anuice from the states works well esp where they are not quite bad enough for surgery. Bands, injections and almost all oinments I have found a waste of time. Diet is the most important thing to stop them coming back. Best for folks to have them checked out as what you may think are piles may turn out to polyps instead, as I found last time I went into hospital for piles.

luckydog

rgs2001uk

Which hospital did you go too.I'm worried they might cut my nuts off at the same time.

Mine was not the serious type but still is pain in the ass! Went to the doctor few years back and he gave me something so call the "bullet".Its a kind of cream which u have to keep it frozen and insert into your arse once daily.After 5 of those and i dun have any problems until now...but the doctor did warn about the diet more fruits and vegetables will also prevent tat...Too much spicy food will make matters worst hope this helps....cheers chongaew :o

This brings back memories from Concorde food market in Penang.

There was a little Chinese lady selling hemorrhoid cream from a table set up in the market.

The table was covered in before and after photos of real hemorrhoids. :o

I had the silcon band OOOOOHHH that hurt but months later had to have surgery after getting over the nerves went and had it done , im so glad i did it lifes so much better but to be honest that first crap after is a killer :D

ps getting drunk doesnt help just relax's you so they fall out more :o

Edited by colino

luckydog

rgs2001uk

Which hospital did you go too.I'm worried they might cut my nuts off at the same time.

ramkhamheng hospital, i think its soi 36 ramkhamheng road. bang kapi/hua mark area

excellent service, all the doctors spoke perfect english.

i told them i didnt want to know what they were going to do, just do it.

i recommend the treatment

:o

:D

A pair of broad bladed ivory and steel haemorrhoid forceps. The haemorrhoids were "fixed" by clamping them between the two closed blades and the resulting strangulation of their blood supply would cause them to drop off. No doubt bringing some water to the eyes! The handle is engraved with "5" and the makers mark "R Kutill". 5mm from the proximal end of one of the ivory blades broken off. A similar type of instrument can be seen in Elisabeth Bennion's book Antique Medical Instruments on pages 65 & 88.

luckydog

rgs2001uk

ramkhamheng hospital, i think its soi 36 ramkhamheng road. bang kapi/hua mark area

Amazed and happy to hear that after the op isn't a painful experience?

Always told it was......Mine aren't bad enough now. But in future I may have to

submit to the knife.....meanwhile I will continue with the Gel

Edited by Luckydog

luckydog

rgs2001uk

After removal of your Duke of Argyll's I've heard you have trouble keeping your bowel movements under control,say if you get Bangkok belly because the muscles in your backside have been weakened?

luckydog

rgs2001uk

the op wasnt painful because i was out of it, last thing i remember was taking a second breath of the mask.

the 4 litres of salt tasting water ther gave me to drink the night before( to clean me out)was probably the most unplesant part.

came to in the post op room feeling a bit groggy as the medication was wearing off.

had to wear pampers for 2 days because of the discharge.

the dreaded first one was painless.

wouldnt recommend riding a motorbike for 2 weeks afterwards.

touch wood all is fine, have been back twice for the doctors to check me out.

believe me it was a big descion for me to take, as i am sh1t scared off hospitals, i was more afraid of going to the hospital than the operation itself.

just glad its over, dont suffer like i did, sooner or later you will need the op, or a whole change of diet (no more coffee cigarettes and doughnuts for breakfast).

i have even thrown my old tubes of preparation h in the bin.

rgs2001uk: I had an operation fifty years ago for the same problem and yes, it was not painful as I was under a general anesthetic and yes, in my sleep I kept mumbling about being castrated.

However, the major pain came during recovery. I had such pain upon bowel movements, six months or more. In the old days, it was considered one of the most painful operations around, mainly becasue of the pain experienced when using your newly configured organ.

My question is: Is the current procedure used, or at least the one used on you, such that you have little or no difficulty in bowel movements post surgery????

rgs2001uk: I had an operation fifty years ago for the same problem and yes, it was not painful as I was under a general anesthetic and yes, in my sleep I kept mumbling about being castrated.

However, the major pain came during recovery. I had such pain upon bowel movements, six months or more. In the old days, it was considered one of the most painful operations around, mainly becasue of the pain experienced when using your newly configured organ.

My question is: Is the current procedure used, or at least the one used on you, such that you have little or no difficulty in bowel movements post surgery????

all i can say is that almost 2 months after the op i am back to normal.

yes diet and how severe your op was plays a big part(mine were terrible, not just one or two sticking out every couple of weeks)

for the first couple of weeks there was a bit of itching, waiting for the internal stitches to drop out.

yes there was also some bleeding, probably due to the internal work carried out.

yes the first two or three times were a bit worrying, but i think it was all in my head, i had heard it would be painfull, so i thought it should be, but now back to normal.

no bleeding or pain.

After removal of your Duke of Argyll's I've heard you have trouble keeping your bowel movements under control,say if you get Bangkok belly because the muscles in your backside have been weakened?

for the two days i stayed in hospital after the op, yes there was a discharge, probably due to the laxitives they were feeding me.

took about a week to stop, as i said before i was wearing pampers around the house.

also wouldnt recommend any manual workfor about two weeks, give time for the internal stitching to heal.

i ahve no problem keeping movements under control.

the change of diet, makes movements more regular (smoking,heavy drinking and constipation play a big part in people having problems).

it has worked for me, and i am more than happy with the result.

for me it was a trade off, a few weeks of discomfort after enduring for years.

i would recommend the treatment, although for me it was a last resort.

they aint going to go away or get better, all you can do is try and keep them under control.

best of luck to anyone thinking about the op, yes its a big descion, and hopefully any questions you had have been answered here.

Schierproct ointment is the one for me, I brought 3 tubes from UK prescription only, I see its for open sale at Tescos pharmacy Udon, i havent tried this yet, but it has the same name, I use it as soon as my rusty bullet hole starts itching, great deterrant and with an internal applicater, a great healer, 2/3 days and the grapes are history!!

• 2 weeks later...

hi i'm not taking the piss,but a slice of a humble potato shoved up between the cheeks of ur arse will do the trick(for non serious piles anyway).

i had a pile,went to the hospita,got it surgically removed.

came back a few years later-was reading a medicine book(old recipes/cures etc)that an old aunt of mine had-on piles,it recommended the potato option.

i tried it it .it worked;worked also for friends of mine.

the starch in the spud is meant to draw off the pile.

most of the creams i tried were overpriced rubbish.

as i say,i had a single pile,not a bunch of them.

wortha go;and cheap too.

regards

Diet and lifestyle are major contributors. A permanent change is needed. No alcohol, processed food, or animal products (including dairy). Lots of fresh fruit and vegetables (preferably raw), plenty of water (min. 3 ltrs. per day), juice is also welcomed. Exercise daily for muscles and cardio, and in anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months (depending on how polluted you are) will remedy the situation. Any external applications are merely 'bandaids' and only treating symptoms. This remedy has been personally tried and proven.

However, I think most people will find this simple remedy too far away from 'their' norm to embrace. Mi mee pan-ha...

• 4 months later...
Diet and lifestyle are major contributors. A permanent change is needed. No alcohol, processed food, or animal products (including dairy). Lots of fresh fruit and vegetables (preferably raw), plenty of water (min. 3 ltrs. per day), juice is also welcomed. Exercise daily for muscles and cardio, and in anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months (depending on how polluted you are) will remedy the situation. Any external applications are merely 'bandaids' and only treating symptoms. This remedy has been personally tried and proven.

However, I think most people will find this simple remedy too far away from 'their' norm to embrace. Mi mee pan-ha...

Are you sur about animal products ?!

And does anybody know what painkiller works the best for piles ?

Thanks a lot.

piles are caused by the weakening of the anal tissue and some damage which results in the emergence of piles. contempoary treatment is to reduce swelling by use of topical medicine, applied in the form of a pessary and then followed by an op where a device is inserted in the rectum, it cuts away approx one cm of the anal canal completely (includng the area where the piles originate Iguess), the two ends are joined together and the "tube" is shortened thus tightening the walls of the rectum.

I am not an expert by anymeans but i learned this when I had this op done about two years ago by a surgeon in Singapore who is considered a pioneer in this field - was painless, and not aftereffects. within three days or so I was back on the motor bike.

no doubt someone will correct me if i have my rectum and anus mixed up !!

PM if you want his details

B

Diet and lifestyle are major contributors. A permanent change is needed. No alcohol, processed food, or animal products (including dairy). Lots of fresh fruit and vegetables (preferably raw), plenty of water (min. 3 ltrs. per day), juice is also welcomed. Exercise daily for muscles and cardio, and in anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months...

then nobody will talk about global warming again, bin-Laden will have dissolved al-Qaida and opened a spice shop in East London, Ahmadinejad will have converted to Judaism and North Korea will submit its application to be a member of the European Union.

:o

• 4 weeks later...
piles are caused by the weakening of the anal tissue and some damage which results in the emergence of piles. contempoary treatment is to reduce swelling by use of topical medicine, applied in the form of a pessary and then followed by an op where a device is inserted in the rectum, it cuts away approx one cm of the anal canal completely (includng the area where the piles originate Iguess), the two ends are joined together and the "tube" is shortened thus tightening the walls of the rectum.

I am not an expert by anymeans but i learned this when I had this op done about two years ago by a surgeon in Singapore who is considered a pioneer in this field - was painless, and not aftereffects. within three days or so I was back on the motor bike.

no doubt someone will correct me if i have my rectum and anus mixed up !!

PM if you want his details

B

Hello,

Can you give more information about the surgery you had? Not the typical hemorrhoidectomy ?

Information about hospital and surgeon would be nice.

Thanks.

I also copy here the text I wrote in another post:

Would like to know what kind of hemorroids/piles treatment you did in Bangkok, where, and for how much ?

I know that I can check hospitals websites but I would like people feedback.

Following Wikipedia it seems that the doppler guided surgery is the best as you can go back to work after only one day, but I can't find any place doing it in Bangkok, any help ?!

I'm also thinking about rubber band ligation and sclerotherapy as the hemorrhoidectomy seems so painful and needs 6 weeks after the surgery to recover.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope that nobody will consider this topic already "well covered" and close it because I still expect more information.

Doppler guided hemorrhoids surgery seems the best choice but I can't find any information about this surgery in Bangkok, any help ?

Written in Wikipedia:

Doppler Guided Hemorrhoidal Artery Ligation

The only evidence based surgery for all grades of hemorrhoids. It does not involve cutting tissues or even a stay at the hospital; patients are usually back to work on the same day. It is the best treatment for bleeding piles, as the bleeding stops immediately.

When you read this you might wonder why crazy surgeons still need to cut somebody with hemorrhoids, they should check internet to improve:

http://www.miller.co.at/emphasis/DGHAL_engl.htm

I hope that nobody will consider this topic already "well covered" and close it because I still expect more information.

Doppler guided hemorrhoids surgery seems the best choice but I can't find any information about this surgery in Bangkok, any help ?

Written in Wikipedia:

Doppler Guided Hemorrhoidal Artery Ligation

The only evidence based surgery for all grades of hemorrhoids. It does not involve cutting tissues or even a stay at the hospital; patients are usually back to work on the same day. It is the best treatment for bleeding piles, as the bleeding stops immediately.

When you read this you might wonder why crazy surgeons still need to cut somebody with hemorrhoids, they should check internet to improve:

http://www.miller.co.at/emphasis/DGHAL_engl.htm

I really do feel for you guys, but I have to say - this has been one of the funniest topics I've read on the forum. Sorry, sick sense of humour.