When I Saw Parangs, I Thought Sure Die

No reason to go to samui ... nothing to offer IMO

One thing you overlook is old friends, thats a good reason to visit, if not for other things.

But Farangs I meet around LOS say: Like 33%, Not like 33%, others hadn't been here!

This isn't proven, it's my own figures. :rolleyes:Like my poker odds, Jimmy, be careful in Pattaya :o

Edited by SamuiJens

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
Clear message here then people. Dont piss off the locals - on any level - if you do, its your own fault for traveling to a country with the third highest firearm murder rate in the world. With this in mind, you only have yourself to blame when you wind up in a coma, for commiting the serious faux par of parking your scooter in a taxi rank by mistake, and getting set upon by 25 crazy Thai's.

When you politley smiled at that passing Thai girl in a crowded bar - you pretty much asked for a mob lynching inspired and enginered by her insecure, yabba riddled boyfriend and anyone else who was within stabbing range.

And when your wing mirror accidently bumped the side of that brand new Hi-Lux on the beach road, resulting in a hair line scratch that will likely polish out in 5 minutes - what on earth where you thinking of, calmly waiting for the police to show up? Just pay the guy the 60,000Baht he demands and be done with it! If you dont, you will piss him off and rightly be kicked half to death by any of the 20 brave locals within spitting distance.

I hang my head in shame - you tourists realy do ask for it.

My 2 Bahts worth, It seems to me more experienced people living in Thailand don't get into these problems, for myself I've visited 25to30 times totaling 2 years or more thai time. It's the tourists who don't know when to pull their heads in especially with a belly full of booze that get into trouble. I couldn't read the original news article as the link had expired but didn't these fellas start a pub crawl in the afternoon and were attacked at dawn the next morning, but they "did nothing wrong" like they can remember? I personally am a cinderalla type of guy Midnight or therabouts is my time to retire.Money saved no trouble.

To quote from a Dirty Harry Movie "a good man always knows his limitations" :D

I do not condone violence of any description. :o

It's best to be smart and careful than lucky.This is a foreign country.

LilBob :D

"Very unusual for a group of Thais to attack someone."

Unfortunate truth is that if its a Farang they are aiming at, there's always more than 3 opponents against one. Or then weapons.

But there has to be a reason for the attact no matter how small that is that was missed here. Locals won't jump on foreigners (Singaporeans might not fit in this description) UNLESS there's a reason. Girls, bad behaviour, business, underground stuff or maybe mistaken identity.

One other option is that these Thais were not Samuians. They don't want to make unnecessary waves around. For fact I know that if there's familiar Falang face that gets under attact (been/seen) they always back him up in a bar mess (so outsiders: BEWARE)...lol