ASQ - grande centrepoint soi 55 thong Lo

mjakob007

Checked in late 2 nights ago and had previously requested a quiet room. Informed it was quiet so went to the room and excessive noise from traffic and bars downstairs. Informed that I could change for one night from Executive Suite that I had booked to the lower category room as no more ES rooms available. Two mins later suddenly ES was available and it is on the back side away from traffic noise and bars.

Room is good with big glass windows. 

Menu is very limited if you want fish/seafood which I do and Thai style. Eventually after requesting flexibility I received a message stating that I could substitute any meat dish for fish, shrimps. Advertised hours for meals are flexible; both days I have ordered breakfast at 6 am and it is early.

Communication in English is easy on line or by telephone, although if necessary I can speak sufficient Thai to talk to staff.

Visits for 30mins a day allowed from after day 4 with prior notice.

Staff will go to 7-11 and purchase things that are permitted. In my case I don't really need this as I am living nearby and my wife can come. Also, two of our Thai friends work in 8 Thonglor so they can also shop and bring things if necessary.

After initial issues so far everything is good.

I should add that I chose and paid for this hotel about 6 weeks ago based on location, modern room style (which is important to me as I stay in hotels for business excessively and I am working, so good environment helps).  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rimmae2 said:

Staff will go to 7-11 and purchase things that are permitted. In my case I don't really need this as I am living nearby and my wife can come. Also, two of our Thai friends work in 8 Thonglor so they can also shop and bring things if necessary.

Are the visitors allowed contact ? That would seem to negate the need for quarantine

20 hours ago, rimmae2 said:

Checked in late 2 nights ago and had previously requested a quiet room. Informed it was quiet so went to the room and excessive noise from traffic and bars downstairs. Informed that I could change for one night from Executive Suite that I had booked to the lower category room as no more ES rooms available. Two mins later suddenly ES was available and it is on the back side away from traffic noise and bars.

Room is good with big glass windows. 

Menu is very limited if you want fish/seafood which I do and Thai style. Eventually after requesting flexibility I received a message stating that I could substitute any meat dish for fish, shrimps. Advertised hours for meals are flexible; both days I have ordered breakfast at 6 am and it is early.

Communication in English is easy on line or by telephone, although if necessary I can speak sufficient Thai to talk to staff.

After initial issues so far everything is good.

I should add that I chose and paid for this hotel about 6 weeks ago based on location, modern room style (which is important to me as I stay in hotels for business excessively and I am working, so good environment helps).  

Thank you very much for the info, Rimmae2.

We were interested in this property as they seem to have large windows and lots of sunlight... some flexibility on the menu goes a long way.