What is best approach?

Hi.  I am a shareholder in registered limited Thai company.  I have been living with non immigrant-O visa (retirement).

Presently stranded outside Thailand.

I have two options to go back:

1) ask for business visa and once in Thailand apply for work permit

2) ask now for pre approved wp or what is called WP3.   And once in Thailand continue the process for Wp.   This means obtaining non B visa from Thai embassy.

What would be in your opinion, the most effective approach and with less bureaucracy to achieve first going back and fo what is necessary later.

Thank you for your time.

It it possible to apply for a Non-Immigrant Type B, then switch to another Non-Immigrant Type O based on retirement once you are in the country (upon expiry of the Type B).

I think its possible to switch to ‘other’ Non Immigrant Visas from within the country. 

Also, best to double check what Jackdd mentioned above.

18 hours ago, jackdd said:

Don't you need a currently valid work permit (which can only be obtained within Thailand) to be allowed to enter under this category?

I think an official paper from a company as a guarantee of having a job will be enough to enter. OP being a shareholder won't probably be enough.

On 8/11/2020 at 7:36 PM, Max69xl said:

I think an official paper from a company as a guarantee of having a job will be enough to enter. OP being a shareholder won't probably be enough.

yes, company with stamp and all need to write a letter. Also add some other docs as a proof he is working there or shareholder.