Has anyone made a 90-day report while just staying temporarily at a guesthouse, hotel or hostel?

Hi, 

I'm GoGet, a very nice and polite guy.

Has anyone made a 90-day report while just staying temporarily at a guesthouse, hotel or hostel? By just letting the place submitting the TM-30 and then applying for the TM-47 I mean.

GoGet

Edited by GoGet

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I just answered in your first thread. You want same post in this thread..

You answered about your condo. However the question was about temporary stays at hotel or guesthouse. Anyway all feedback is welcome as long as it's constructive. And I guess even the destructive feedback is useful in some ways sometimes.

6 minutes ago, GoGet said:

You answered about your condo. However the question was about temporary stays at hotel or guesthouse. Anyway all feedback is welcome as long as it's constructive. And I guess even the destructive feedback is useful in some ways sometimes.

It's not MY condo. I rent. 

Been here 8 years never done a tm30 even though exit and re-enter Thailand every month (prior to Covid) 

My post in your other thread outlined what happend today. I handed the IO my passport and TM47.

It was my first 90 report in 8 years.

When he got to my address he said "you live at this condo'"..…..I answered yes.

That was it. Naturally I had my lease and utilities etc (overkill). Not even a mention of anything. 

Stamp stamp.

I then went to another desk for residence certificate. I had my lease ready to flop out. Again not asked for nor was a TM30.

Edited by DrJack54

To the OP: My brief answer to your question is "yes". I am presuming you mean that you want to confirm your permanent residence at a time when you are not actually there. The Immigration computer system which records hotel/guesthouse stays is not linked to the system which records "90 days" reports. You do not need to worry about being caught being in two places on the same day. And, Immigration does not do bed checks. Note that if you are doing your 90 Day report in person, it can only be done at the office of the province where your residence is located.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Been here 8 years never done a tm30 even though exit and re-enter Thailand every month (prior to Covid) 

My post in your other thread outlined what happend today. I handed the IO my passport and TM47.

That was it. Naturally I had my lease and utilities etc (overkill). Not even a mention of anything. 

Stamp stamp.

I then went to another desk for residence certificate. I had my lease ready to flop out. Again not asked for nor was a TM30.

@DrJack54 I see. Did you use the same address on your TM-47 as the address you have actually registered in Thailand with TM-30?

Edited by GoGet

Just now, GoGet said:

@DrJack54 I see. Did you use the same address on your TM-47 as the address you have actually registered in Thailand?

Yes I did. However as I mentioned .....I was surprised. I took my lease and photocopies of significant pages of passport. I even took many receipts for monthly payments rental. Nothing was asked for. BTW it was not because I had a passport with many annual extensions. 

When I obtained my queue #, I mentioned to lady I need go and photocopy some pp pages. Her reply...."no go there passport and TM47 enough. 

I sort of got the impression that this "skip reports" was a big stuff up and they just want quick in/out. Me too.

13 minutes ago, GoGet said:

@DrJack54 I see. Did you use the same address on your TM-47 as the address you have actually registered in Thailand with TM-30?

I did not answer your question.

I have NEVER done a tm30. 

Each annual extension I provide a lease. Again last October lease was not looked at. Keep in mind tm30 has nothing to do with 90 day report. 

For tourists and visa exempt entry and then attending imm for an extension then a tm30 would be advised. How did you last enter Thailand? Meaning via reentry permit or tourist visa or .....?

47 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I did not answer your question.

I have NEVER done a tm30. 

Each annual extension I provide a lease. Again last October lease was not looked at. Keep in mind tm30 has nothing to do with 90 day report. 

For tourists and visa exempt entry and then attending imm for an extension then a tm30 would be advised. How did you last enter Thailand? Meaning via reentry permit or tourist visa or .....?

Last time I just crossed the border to Myawaddy and came back to Mae Sot the same day. 

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That is not clear. What did you enter Thailand prior to border run you describe.

Some folk have a ME visa based on marriage etc.

Some have eg METV. 

What was your original entry. I don't mean border bounce.

@DrJack54

My original visa was a tourist visa. But that is not what I will have when I make my 90-day report.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Stamp stamp.

At several immigration offices you can not get a Resident Certificate without a TM30 report,and that's quite logical. 

17 hours ago, GoGet said:

@DrJack54

My original visa was a tourist visa. But that is not what I will have when I make my 90-day report.

So are we to infer from this statement that whatever permission of stay you managed to obtain as a result of using that "wondrous" tourist visa has now expired, meaning that your current stay in Thailand is solely authorised by the amnesty?

In any case, you appear to be in blissful ignorance of the fact that all us foreigners are exempt from the 90-day reporting requirement at the present time!

Edited by OJAS