You have Special electric therefor higher price!

Tagged

The electric company in the village found out we should pay 7,50 baht instead of normal price pr unit, since we live 300 meter away from closest el pole. We have made aggrement with the neigbours, put down poles, stretched 300 meter with cable, and thought this would be good. They put the meter together with the neighbours at the last of their end poles. The loss will be on our side, and the nighbour pays the normal unit price. 

When I found out they charge us higher price, I asked why, and they say we have special electric, and the rule is we only give 20 meters from the meter? 

Anyone experienced the same? We have two autorized el boxes in our houses, and everything approved by to el company. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

same  here, 300 mtrs away... setup wooden poles, hooked on a temporary (15A) kwh meter and paid 7.5thb. after 1.5year the wiring and and a new transformer, closer to our home were installed. now the fixed kwh meter is in front of our land and we pay 3.5thb. but the 20mtr rule?? our house is 80-mtr from the road. the meter is on the pole at the road., we installed 3 poles on our land at our cost.

Edited by tracker
added 15A

Are you sure you're not still on the "construction / temporary" tariff?

Check on your bill what the "Type" number is, or post a photo of the bill with personal details removed.

Our home is more than 20m from the meter, but our land is only 3m from the meter, poles meter to house are ours. We pay the normal price of about 4.5 Baht per unit (15/45 meter).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

Normal service for homes is 5 amp. If you requested a higher level like 15 amp the per unit price increases.

30 amp here to, and should not make any difference since the voltage and the amp on the line is the same. The meter is at the road 300 meter away, we paid for the stretches our self to the houses. It just doesnt make any sense at all for charging more. The loss on the 300m line we paid forl, is on our cost. If I knew this before we made public electric, I would have made solar power for sure. Our bills is now 3 500,- to 3 700 a month. However it have been the hottest montsh and we have been building as well. So have to look at it when we finish the construction and the colder season arrives. 

But el bill for 3 000,- a month, would down pay my solar power worth 350 000,-  in 10 years. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Are you sure you're not still on the "construction" tariff?

Our home is more than 20m from the meter, but our land is only 3m from the meter, poles meter to house are ours. We pay the normal price of about 4.5 Baht per unit (15/45 meter).

Yes, Im sure Im not on construction tariff. 

The 20 meter rule is from meter I suppose, and if some electric engineer could tell me why ? I might go and ask if they can put the meter on my house? Then pay normal price ????

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tagged said:

The 20 meter rule is from meter I suppose. 

Check my edit - what is the "Type" number on your bill?

That should give us an idea of what rule they are applying.

1 hour ago, stouricks said:

I have a 30 amp supply but still only pay the normal tariff of about Bht 4 a unit.

Is that 3-phase?  I'm in the U.S. and I have 240V, 300 Amp single phase service at home.  I ran 100 Amp service to my garage addition for welders and boy toys.

Our house in Loei on the edge of Loei town had crappy electric service.  My wife got neighbors to petition to get an upgrade.  Took 3 years but it's better now.  Now we can actually use an air conditioner, I think.

don't you miss living in a 1st world country, where the electrical company HAS to wire everybody , but you pay rent for the meter + "transport" of magical electricity to your home, but it also goes to your neighbors, but everybody pays for the transport + taxes + environmental taxes + government + local + provincial ....

1 hour ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

don't you miss living in a 1st world country, where the electrical company HAS to wire everybody , but you pay rent for the meter + "transport" of magical electricity to your home, but it also goes to your neighbors, but everybody pays for the transport + taxes + environmental taxes + government + local + provincial ....

B649E171-C689-4AED-89B0-CBB78081473A.thumb.png.4a7d08e9fcd9bebb41940da6a3414db3.pngNot one bit !

• Like 1