TM 7 Extension Non O Retirement possible?

So I plan to relocate from Thailand to Phillipines. My Non O Retirement Visa runs out at 9th of September. But I will need bit more time to sort things properly out. Can i extend my Non O Reirement Visa at Immigration with TM 7 for another 30 days an what are the requirements?

Thanks in advance for Your kind help.

There is no normal 30 day extension you could apply for.

The only extension you could apply for ai a special 30 day extension with a letter from your embassy.

You would be under the current amnesty until September 26th.

Are you sure you will be able to enter the Philippines. At this time you might not able to.

Click the Philippines on this map for info. https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

29 minutes ago, somsai said:

ok so my only option in this case would be to renew the non immigrant o for another year? am i right? or are there any other options left?

That is about your only option other than the special 30 day extension that would start on September 27th.

3 hours ago, somsai said:

So I plan to relocate from Thailand to Phillipines

I hope you are married to a filipina.  You probably already know that is virtually the only way a foreigner can enter Phils.  That seems unlikely to change anytime in the foreseeable future.

2 hours ago, somsai said:

ok so my only option in this case would be to renew the non immigrant o for another year? am i right? or are there any other options left?

Personally, I would recommend you do this unless there are big obstacles (hopefully money is seasoned or an embassy that issues affidavits).

I am in a similar situation, here with my wife and family but planned to relocate to Philippines in March.  I let the retirement extension lapse (did not put the 800k in time) under the expectation we would be moving, then it became too late for seasoning when Covid hit.   Also shipped many items and sold our car.  Two days before our flight in mid-March, it was canceled as well as all other flights (still no refund or credit from Phil Air). 

Given the Covid mess in many parts of the Phils (especially Metro Manila - can't send our son to school), we are now looking to delay until at least January, possibly longer.  I am sure you are aware of the situation there, but might be best to keep your Thailand options open if possible.

Edited by eppic
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/19/2020 at 8:33 PM, somsai said:

Even if you could apply for a 30 days extension, the price would be the same, 1900 Baht, as the 1 year extension.