Beach mask regulation

Sundown

4 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Still in force but not enforced. 

I'm probably the only one when I'm on Kamala Beach exercising that is wearing one. When I'm not close to people I have it under my chin. When I get closer to others I just pull it up again.

Mask apathy is growing in Phuket unfortunately (lets steer clear of the are they effective or not debate). My attitude is that they are required so I wear one- what others do is up to them.

I wear it in supermarkets and crowded places. Thanks for the info, off to the beach now ????

I go to a number of beaches and maybe 5% of people wear one on the beach.  Nai Harn used to have some sort of set up where they tried to funnel everyone through one point, but it looks like that's been stopped as barriers to entry for cars seems to have been removed.  There was never any such choke point at Kata or Karon.

• Like 1

I have been visiting the beach and swimming in Kamala since mid May, even when the beach was closed,

Dont wear a mask and see ZERO reason to, not to difficult to social distance of 20 meters apart

Yes, around people i wear one

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 2

On 8/21/2020 at 10:00 AM, Psimbo said:

Still in force but not enforced. 

I'm probably the only one when I'm on Kamala Beach exercising that is wearing one. When I'm not close to people I have it under my chin. When I get closer to others I just pull it up again.

Mask apathy is growing in Phuket unfortunately (lets steer clear of the are they effective or not debate). My attitude is that they are required so I wear one- what others do is up to them.

Unfortunately??? You like wearing it! 555

"When I'm not close to people I have it under my chin. When I get closer to others I just pull it up again."

For your own sake, and sake of others, do not do that!

The virus is not like a sidewinder missile, only flying into your nose. It is more like a spray paint and can land on your chin.

A mask may offer some protection if you cover your nose and mouth, preventing virus from getting into lungs.

When you pull it down over your chin, it can act like a small towel, mopping up any virus that may have "missed the mark".

Then you pull up that now potentially covered with virus mask very close to your breathing passages. Not wise.

It drives me to distraction when I see people with masks over chin.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 6:30 AM, Psimbo said:

When I'm not close to people I have it under my chin.

Better to remove it then. Under chin, whih is usually not protected you may have some virus and you might then contaminate your mask !