ED visa renewal

I went to CW with my university documents trying to get my visa renewed , they told me since its a private university they wont be able to do it domestically,

so the only way i can do it is by waiting till the borders are open go to a thai consulate in a neighboring country and get the visa , but even then i will be subject to expensive quarantine measures in both countries (thats if im allowedback in) , any other ways i can do it?

Not sure what you have now. Did you enter the country using a non-ed visa or as a tourist.

A visa cannot be renewed or extended in the country.

You can only extend a permit to stay from a visa entry or a previous extension of stay.

9 minutes ago, freesudani said:

I entered using a non-ed visa which expired during the amnesty . i wanted to extend it coz i was accepted in new program at the same university

Are you sure the understood you wanted to apply for a extension of stay based upon attending a university. What they told you sounds like you they thought you wanted a new visa.

They certainly should be able to accept a application for an extension of stay.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you sure the understood you wanted to apply for a extension of stay based upon attending a university. What they told you sounds like you they thought you wanted a new visa.

They certainly should be able to accept a application for an extension of stay.

My visa quota was expired in May .... are you saying  im able to extend this visa?....because as i understood i have to apply for a new visa coz im joining a new program.

14 minutes ago, freesudani said:

My visa quota was expired in May .... are you saying  im able to extend this visa?....because as i understood i have to apply for a new visa coz im joining a new program.

You do not need a new visa. You cannot apply for a visa in the country unless your are on a visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

You would apply for a extension of the entry you got from your non-ed visa long ago.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You would apply for a extension of the entry you got from your non-ed visa long ago.

i already tried to do that , i went to CW in May (before my visa was expired) and everything was shut down so i wasnt able to do anything at that time. so whats your suggestions?  

13 minutes ago, freesudani said:

i already tried to do that , i went to CW in May (before my visa was expired) and everything was shut down so i wasnt able to do anything at that time. so whats your suggestions?  

Try again. But it would help to have somebody from the  University with you when you do the application.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Try again. But it would help to have somebody from the  University with you when you do the application.

my university staff position are saying the same thing ... that i have to re-enter the country so they are unreliable ...if there is any offical documents i can present it to them it will be helpful.

my university staff position are saying the same thing ... that i have to re-enter the country so they are unreliable ...if there is any offical documents i can present it to them it will be helpful.

There is nothing official I am aware of about being able to apply with a "automatic extension" granted under the amnesty. 

The list of requirements for the application is here by clicking 8 or 9. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is nothing official I am aware of about being able to apply with a "automatic extension" granted under the amnesty. 

The list of requirements for the application is here by clicking 8 or 9. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714

#8 talks about government education institution which is not my case

#9 it says its possible , then how everybody says that i need  to get a new visa and re-enter thailand ? the automatic extension should not nullify my previous visa coz i was not able to extend it during the amnesty. 

regards

28 minutes ago, bestie said:

It's a private university. So he wont be able to get an extension on his ED Visa? and that's why they told him that he must leave the country. ? I don't know/ Just my two cents. 

Visas are not extended.

Where does it say he cannot get an extension of stay for a attending a private university.

#9 it says its possible , then how everybody says that i need  to get a new visa and re-enter thailand ? the automatic extension should not nullify my previous visa coz i was not able to extend it during the amnesty. 

regards

I know that it does.

It is just a matter of them doing it while on the automatic extension. Perhaps you need to explain to them you situation as far as needing to stay here.

It seems to me that you're lost in translation. There will be a lot of misunderstandings when you're using wrong terminology. If you're going back to CW, stop talking about extending your visa, and use extension/renewal of your current permission to stay instead.