I dont work and dont plan to any time soon.

To get the 1 year marriage visa, i heard i need show having at least 400,000 bt in the bank. Is this true? What else do i need besides the certificate? Is it better to get the visa inside or outside of Thailand?

I read on thaivisa that getting a multiple enty visa in Penang is easy if im married. Is this true?

I dont work and dont plan to any time soon.

To get the 1 year marriage visa, i heard i need show having at least 400,000 bt in the bank. Is this true? What else do i need besides the certificate? Is it better to get the visa inside or outside of Thailand?

I read on thaivisa that getting a multiple enty visa in Penang is easy if im married. Is this true?

If i understand correctly, you may get a Non-Immi "O" visa in Penang or someplace.

But, the 1 year extension to stay, based on marriage, requires 40,000 baht per month income for the husband and wife.

I'm sure Maestro or someone could give you more details.

That’s true. First-time applicants for annual extension based on marriage must show evidence of monthly family income of at least 40k. The option of 400k in the bank is not available to them

--

Maestro

So if i dont have a monthly income then i cant get the 1 year visa extension?

What do i need to get the Non-Immi "O" visa in Penang? After the 90 days are up can i do a visa run instead of entending the visa? How many more days will i be permitted to stay?

What about getting a multiple entry visa in Penang? What else do i need besides the marriage certificate?

No multis in Penang :o

However KL are reportedly still issuing multi entry non-o visas with no financial requirement. The embassies that DO ask (such as Singapore) are happy with a suitably large deposit in any bank (Thai or overseas). You need your marriage cert, copies of wifes ID and house registration and the visa fee.

When you go for an extension, since you must have some sort of finances in order to live (unless you're one of those chaps who can live on sex and air) you can surely demonstrate a global income (any source) of 40,000 per month, it doesn't have to be earned or paid in Thailand, you can even take any taxable income your wife earns into account.

Edited by Crossy

Singapore has issued multi entry non immigrant O visas to visit family if you can show marriage certificate and a bank account with more than 400k in it. This is issued to visit for up to 90 days at a time but you can exit return during the one year validity.

To extend stay requires 40k monthly family income and that can be husband/wife or combination.

I want to get the multi entry non immigrant O visa. It seems to be the least hassel.

I wonder why KL has no financial requirement. Are there any other places that dont have any financial requirement?

I dont want to go to singapore because its expensive to stay. Are there cheap places to stay in KL? Vietnam is another option. Whats it like gettnig visas there?