England Nation Cup Squad

Kadilo

A few predictable inclusions, Foden and Greenwood but Phillips of Leeds was a surprise considering Southgate said Grealish needed to prove himself at the higher level. Can’t see a left sided defender either? 

Mings and Keane over Dunk and Coady? 

Any thoughts? 

Three right backs, presumably Walker in as a possible centre back. I expected to see Wan Bissaka in from Man Utd but Trippier is picked. 

I don't rate Keane or Mings or Maguire come to that. Coady deserves a chance, don't know about Dunk.

Glad to see Ings in; much deserved.

I think the Arsenal lad Sako would have been one to pick. Could be a big season for him.

• Like 1

Just now, champers said:

Three right backs, presumably Walker in as a possible centre back. I expected to see Wan Bissaka in from Man Utd but Trippier is picked. 

I don't rate Keane or Mings or Maguire come to that. Coady is worth a chance, don't know about Dunk.

I think the Arsenal lad Sako would have been one to pick. Could be a big season for him.

10 minutes ago, champers said:

I don't rate Keane or Mings or Maguire come to that. Coady deserves a chance, don't know about Dunk.

Yeah, I'm a little surprised Sako didn't get in. He can play as a fullback or further up the pitch. I would guess Southgate would value that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, first game played and a disappointment as expected. Thought Foden could have done a lot better but higher standards are expected now, Dier didn't show so maybe Hendo will be forced into keeping his place.

Hopefully the SO will be the end of Walker.....useless git!

What a dull dull game.. England tried but Iceland sat deep and didnt. Bizare end.. players were off the pace as were the refs.  down to them gettin 2 used to var takin/Makin decisions ? .. who knows.. but yesterday THEIR crucial  decisions wernt good enuf..history wise it'll go down as a win but in  reality it was v  close...2 close

Edited by 3 minus 2

19 hours ago, wilai said:

Well, first game played and a disappointment as expected. Thought Foden could have done a lot better but higher standards are expected now, Dier didn't show so maybe Hendo will be forced into keeping his place.

Hopefully the SO will be the end of Walker.....useless git!

Funny how you pick on 2 City players when the whole team performance was she-ite and a Liverpool player gave a stupid penalty away which nearly cost us the 3 points.

Foden and most of our midfield were totally neutralised due to them having 5 across midfield. We were clueless but in fairness to Iceland they are a stubborn side

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Funny how you pick on 2 City players when the whole team performance was she-ite and a Liverpool player gave a stupid penalty away which nearly cost us the 3 points.

Foden and most of our midfield we were totally neutralised due to them having 5 across midfield. We were clueless but in fairness to Iceland they are a stubborn side

Sorry  bud but a lot is now expected of the great white hope. He needs to step up and show what he can do without the assistance of Silva et al.I love the guy and will be on of the first praising him when he does well.  England need him....particularly agaist mids/def like Iceland

I've already expressed my general feelings about the team and performance in the fist sentence.  Had already turned off at 1-0 so missed the penalty...sorry.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Why do players like Sancho put on an England shirt then forget why they got called up. If they want someone to just pass sideways I’m available for a fraction of the price. 

He reminded me of Bernardo then Mahrez in their first seasons for City: receive the ball out wide, pass it backwards or sidewards. I've only really seen Sancho play for our youth team in European games so I wanted to see what he was made of at senior level: I learnt nothing.

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Dier and Magoo playing together. No prizes for guessing what will happen.

<deleted> is Southgate thinking. 

Whole side is awful. How is Alexander Arnold a full back for a PL winning team. Excellent on the ball. One of the worst defenders I've seen. Mount is <deleted>. Best thing I can say about the midfield is it's workman-like. Can't pass forward.

1 minute ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Whole side is awful. How is Alexander Arnold a full back for a PL winning team. Excellent on the ball. One of the worst defenders I've seen. Mount is <deleted>. Best thing I can say about the midfield is it's workman-like. Can't pass forward.

Agree with a lot of that. If that’s our best 11 we may as well give up. How can Grealish not get in that side?

Mount just seems like teachers pet they love. Lampard loves playing him all the time and he is one of Southgates 21s darlings. 

Neither Rice or Henderson look forward, just slow and negative. 

Thank goodness Walkers covering the other two at the back. They would be better suited on Emmerdale. 

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Agree with a lot of that. If that’s our best 11 we may as well give up. How can Grealish not get in that side?

Mount just seems like teachers pet they love. Lampard loves playing him all the time and he is one of Southgates 21s darlings. 

Neither Rice or Henderson look forward, just slow and negative. 

Thank goodness Walkers covering the other two at the back. They would be better suited on Emmerdale. 

Totally agree. Kalvin Phillips on? <deleted>? The game needs a Grealish not Harry Kane or Phillips

We were terrible in the first half and they should have been out of sight.. Southgate tinkered and pushed Maguire over onto Lukaku, got us tighter on them and a bit   further forward in the second half and spoiled their flow. ...... It worked.. bloody awful to watch and imo we were lucky to win.. but win we did... With 2 first 11's  playin. Think i'de go with them to beat us...just.. 

Yep... Been thinking southgates approach over,

And despite some abject performances and dismal results..there's a plan behind it all.. we got taken apart by croatia... why?  we had NO plan b.. plan a played into Croatia's strengths and if I could see it b4 the game I'm abso sure Southgate could and he couldn't change it .. SO... What he's doing is putting to gether asquad that can play in 2/3 formations and cope with  all the hiccups like the Sending off ect ect may bring... So when we hit the next big tournament... were ready and competative... So seems a dark place atm but on reflection there's light ahead 

18 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

A spring in my step this morning I can tell you....and its my Friday!

First time for  is it, half  Century?   so enjoy while you can.. but my advice. SAVE THE SHOE LEATHER we all know it's NOT gonna last..  but there again pigs do fly...as long s you keep taking the enuf  drugs...

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

First time for  is it, half  Century?   so enjoy while you can.. but my advice. SAVE THE SHOE LEATHER we all know it's NOT gonna last..  but there again pigs do fly...as long s you keep taking the enuf  drugs...

Funny cos my new Adidas Jeans trainers arrived yesterday....I've decided to be a teenager again.

• Haha 1