Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

OPEN QUESTION....

The 150 comes with a 30 watt bulb in the main light. While the lighting on the new 150 if vastly improved over the last one, I'm wondering if changing the bulb to a higher wattage will do much good. My Honda mech told me avoid Xenon as they burn too hot and can actually cause more harm than good. When I asked about switching to a 50 or 100 watt halogen, he just smiled and shrugged.

Any comments or suggestions. Well, the obvious one is "go ahead, try it and see what happens", but I'm looking for something a bit more than that. lol

Ive just put a Hi Low Beam HID in my 150. Works great and no problems with heat so far. Easy to install. And i ordered the kit in the UK and had it sent over.

Been running it for about 3 weeks now and no problem.

Also has a switch so i can turn it off if i want during day but at minute safer to keep on over here...

lol

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey KRS1, You are doing so much to the bike, why dont you go all the way and fit a 250VTR twin into the frame also??? Then there would be no question about showin ur exhaust to the CBR250s.

Hummmm, that makes me wonder....could I swap my 150 engine for a 250? If possible, now THAT would fool the crap of a few people who thought they were going against a 150.

:o

Ahh, the fun would never end. Besides, I love my tri-color paint scheme.

Yes I wonder how much difference in engine size there is?? Not much I suspect so still fit with a squeeze? Not much increase in HP but a lot in tourque. probably need gear up a little?

Talking of colour schemes...I saw the latest CBR125 which is now styled the same as 150/250 (not sold in Thai) the other day and comes in Repco colour scheme..... dont normaly like that, but that bike looked fabulous. I should take some pics and post here.

Started to play around with the sprockets today, I went from the stock 15/43 (new FI model) to a 15/45. It accelerates only slightly quicker but its definately noticeable. Top speed doesnt seem to have changed too much, before redlining in 5th you could reach around 146kmh now it seemed like 139-140kmh was the max i didnt actually try 6th gear out today because i needed to slow for traffic so im not sure if ill be able to find any pull in 6th now. 6th was pretty useless before unless you had the time and free space to keep on going for a top speed or if you just wanted to cruise at lower revs. Ive got a 14 tooth front sprocket lying around as well so i might try a 14/45 or probably better yet a 14/43. Has anyone else changed sprockets on the new model yet?

Started to play around with the sprockets today, I went from the stock 15/43 (new FI model) to a 15/45. It accelerates only slightly quicker but its definately noticeable. Top speed doesnt seem to have changed too much, before redlining in 5th you could reach around 146kmh now it seemed like 139-140kmh was the max i didnt actually try 6th gear out today because i needed to slow for traffic so im not sure if ill be able to find any pull in 6th now. 6th was pretty useless before unless you had the time and free space to keep on going for a top speed or if you just wanted to cruise at lower revs. Ive got a 14 tooth front sprocket lying around as well so i might try a 14/45 or probably better yet a 14/43. Has anyone else changed sprockets on the new model yet?

Good to know. Was thinking of changing the rear sprocket too, but will wait til i do the other mods first. Sometimes at 90kph it seems to chug in 6th gear, i was starting to think it was my crappy riding skills!

On the Fi model, does anyone else have a high pitch whine coming from the fuel pump all the time?

And no, it is not the pillion passenger whining for me to slow down or drive more carefully, it happens without a pillion passenger too! Anyway, usually the pillion whine is accompanied with several thumps between the shoulder blades, so it is very easy to tell the difference! :lol:

Good to know. Was thinking of changing the rear sprocket too, but will wait til i do the other mods first. Sometimes at 90kph it seems to chug in 6th gear, i was starting to think it was my crappy riding skills!

On the Fi model, does anyone else have a high pitch whine coming from the fuel pump all the time?

And no, it is not the pillion passenger whining for me to slow down or drive more carefully, it happens without a pillion passenger too! Anyway, usually the pillion whine is accompanied with several thumps between the shoulder blades, so it is very easy to tell the difference! :lol:

I got my rear sprocket from aseanmoto and it fits fine if you get one from them make sure to tell them its for the FI model, i see faddybike now also has sprockets for the FI. Hey did you try that CDI from API-Tech?

I got my rear sprocket from aseanmoto and it fits fine if you get one from them make sure to tell them its for the FI model, i see faddybike now also has sprockets for the FI. Hey did you try that CDI from API-Tech?

Thanks for the sprocket info, will definitely try it.

The last i heard API-Tech hadn't got th e150i road ECM ready yet, though it is on their website. I will get the mechanic to give 'em a call again next week.

Does anyone know if the tailtidy for the 250 will fit the 150? Thinking of getting one from Kittisak, as well as a gear indicator gauge.

Looking forward to seeeing the finished product KRS1. The earlier CBR150 looks fantastic with the pro-arm set up.

post-70604-0-40931100-1312008614_thumb.j

post-70604-0-24490100-1312008656_thumb.j

Not sure yet if im going with the Pro-Arm swingarm or the RRW swingarm, the Pro-Arm is harder to adjust the chain in the middle of nowhere.

Hey KRS1, You are doing so much to the bike, why dont you go all the way and fit a 250VTR twin into the frame also??? Then there would be no question about showin ur exhaust to the CBR250s.

The cbr has an engine height issue it'll hit the frame, you can actually fit a bigger engine in a sonic !

Hummmm, that makes me wonder....could I swap my 150 engine for a 250? If possible, now THAT would fool the crap of a few people who thought they were going against a 150.

:o

Ahh, the fun would never end. Besides, I love my tri-color paint scheme.

Ahhh, that is my plan to freak people out.

once the engine is stroked there's going to be plenty more torque.B) combine that with the lighter weight of the old CBR it's going to be a killer. My old bike climbed right up to 160kph, but the guy i sold it too won't sell it back to me :( With the things i learned from that bike, this one should be mo' better...lol. I hope :unsure:

Is listed on the K&N site as:

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=HA-1502

They say it's the same filter for the old 125/150.

To cross reference, your stock airfilter should be one of these Honda parts:

http://www.knfilters.com/search/kn_cross_ref.aspx?part=HA-1502

If so, should be able to order it from Fast Corner in Bangkok. think the cost is about 2000thb.

http://www.knfilters.com/search/dealersearch.aspx?part=HA-1502

Make sure to cross reference the stock number though.

http://www.knfilters...px?Prod=HA-1502

http://www.knfilters...px?part=HA-1502

If so, should be able to order it from Fast Corner in Bangkok. think the cost is about 2000thb.

Yeh thats right Fast Corner stock them and by memory it was 1,960THB plus shipping.

good god 1960 baht, notice any gains?

Besides a bit more of a throatier sound at higher revs a performance gain would be very hard to notice, while there was no decrease i think the improvement would be too small to feel but an improvement nonetheless. Im sure just by drilling holes in the original air filter would give the same results i was a bit worried about getting carried away and drilling too many holes.

The throatier sound would probably be a welcome addition to many looking for a gruntier sound without the hassles of a new exhaust, which may or may not give an improvement.

http://www.knfilters...px?Prod=HA-1502

Yeh thats right Fast Corner stock them and by memory it was 1,960THB plus shipping.

Maybe Fastcorner at Pantip Plaza here in Chiang Mai stock them too.

Black Windscreen anyone?

post-118861-0-77688500-1311932040_thumb.

I'd like to see how this looks on the bike, anybody got any pics?

Bought one yesterday from the a local Honda dealer (THB 1,435) but won't get the bike back from getting a new header pipe being made til the end of the week.

Anyone know of a tail-tidy for the 150i? I rang Kittisak but they said the 250 tail-tidy won't fit the 150.

How's that windscreen help to keep the wind off ya? I know someone looking for one.

Very good, especially at the higher speeds (100kph+). Now not getting hit in the chest with the wind and it's being deflected up and around. And when you drop down on the tank, you really notice it. Well worth it in my opinion.

]

Black Windscreen anyone?

post-118861-0-77688500-1311932040_thumb.

I'd like to see how this looks on the bike, anybody got any pics?

This isn't the black windscreen, but the black Touring Screen. Should give you some idea.

post-82655-0-27927900-1312333166_thumb.jpost-82655-0-68743100-1312333207_thumb.jpost-82655-0-40456500-1312333198_thumb.j[attachment=143311:IMG_0392.JPG

This windscreen can also be used on the 250. We sell them here at Sumet, but our last order has been backordered for some time. I'll let you guys know when we have them back in stock, if anybody is interested. Thanks.

Brian

Got a reply from Faddybike last weekend, 1,700 baht for the windscreen. A few hundred more than Honda's touring screen. Though the former looks better than the latter, for practicality's sake, I actually prefer the touring screen because of its shape. These past few weeks have been really windy, that I really had to hunch over the tank and grip it with my thighs in order to maintain stability when riding. Sadly, when I went to the Honda Service Center there weren't any available and they said I had to place an order (which would probably take ages for them to process).