Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

a CRF250

Nice. Wasn't sure if this was being released here.

Around 37+HP and just over 100kg apparently. Any idea on a price?

Only a rumour, hope that in a couple of weeks we may hear more. The dealer convention is at Siam Paragon on the 10th Jan (not 12th as i stated before). Also rumours of a Super Cub 110i, Auto 110i NSC110, Click 125 i NC125 and a New (Wave?) AT 150i. As usual won't know for sure until the last second!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally, I think they should have gone 135, even 150, on the PCX.

Yamaha makes a Nouvo Elegance 150, but can't get it in LOS

The CBR150 engine has proved itself reliable over the years, so it would make sense to drop that into the PCX and Wave. The only flaw in that line of thinking is "make sense"!! laugh.png If APe Honda sort out the problems with the CBR250 engine, then it would also "make sense" to eventually put that in a PCX too.

Dear J1V / Taichiplanet,

Thanks very much for your informative post. Much as I would personally prefer the CBR150 for the reasons stated, I guess the more sensible thing to do would be to go for the PCX as it would be more practical all round. It would be an easier bike for the missus to handle as well, especially when doing the marketing :) !

As a good "all around" family bike, you can't beat the PCX as far as I'm concerned. The only things I recommend Honda do is get rid of that hump in the seat, although I'm sure there's a aftermarket somewhere that doesn't have it, and change the engine to a 150cc, same as they use in the CBR. But even "as is", I think it's still the best "scooter type" bike around. Very comfortable ride, very good fuel economy, looks good as well. I think that, overall, you and misses would be much happier with it. If she's anything like my wife, she'll love it, just as my son does. He had to come home this past week and I asked him how it was, as he's never really had to make any long trips before, and he said it was great and he had a nice ride.

I agree with Thaichi about the problems the 250 seems to have developed verses the 150. I'm still thinking of moving up to the 250, though, for the longer trips I like to take. The 150 does great, but the 250 would give me a little more power and torque, especially where it's needed in the mountains.

However, a friend of mine recently told me he saw somewhere - but can't remember where now - that Honda is going to be releasing 13 "new models" for 2012. One of them is a factory built "chopper" that's very nice, if you like that kind of bike.

But what I'm waiting to see is if they come out with a new CBR 400. I have been told, both in English & Thai, by the Head Mechanic/Teacher at Honda Niyom Panich here in Chiang Mai, that it WILL be available next year, sometime around March or April. Since he told me that, I've searched every website I can looking for some info, but can't find anything. Doesn't mean anything, as Honda kept the new 250 pretty much secret till almost the last minute before releasing them, so maybe they're doing the same thing again.

If they do come with a 400 CBR, that will get some very serious consideration, as it would be - IMHO - the perfect bike for Thailand. Great on the highways, and not so big that it's a pain in city traffic.

Oh, well, just have to wait and see.

possible design for new 400cc honda

ym1202.jpg

e253fe3ds.jpg

copyofym1202.jpg

I agree with Thaichi about the problems the 250 seems to have developed verses the 150. I'm still thinking of moving up to the 250, though, for the longer trips I like to take. The 150 does great, but the 250 would give me a little more power and torque, especially where it's needed in the mountains.

However, a friend of mine recently told me he saw somewhere - but can't remember where now - that Honda is going to be releasing 13 "new models" for 2012. One of them is a factory built "chopper" that's very nice, if you like that kind of bike.

But what I'm waiting to see is if they come out with a new CBR 400. I have been told, both in English & Thai, by the Head Mechanic/Teacher at Honda Niyom Panich here in Chiang Mai, that it WILL be available next year, sometime around March or April. Since he told me that, I've searched every website I can looking for some info, but can't find anything. Doesn't mean anything, as Honda kept the new 250 pretty much secret till almost the last minute before releasing them, so maybe they're doing the same thing again.

If they do come with a 400 CBR, that will get some very serious consideration, as it would be - IMHO - the perfect bike for Thailand. Great on the highways, and not so big that it's a pain in city traffic.

Oh, well, just have to wait and see.

possible design for new 400cc honda

ym1202.jpg

e253fe3ds.jpg

copyofym1202.jpg

I see two exhausts pipes there! That might be a pretty sweet engine.

Just bought a used, 19,429 km, CBR150 and tomorrow I'm putting it in storage as I return to Dallas next week. Can't wait for next stay and have my own transport in LOS for the first time in 12 years. I must say that, after falling in love with the looks, coming to this forum 'sealed the deal'. I had some police friends check it out and negotiate a good deal for me but only time will tell if I got a good one. It's been 15 years since I owned a bike, a very similarly featured Yamaha in 550 cc. Thanks for all the input on this forum. I am on page seven and have a lot of reading to catch up tp the present. I will try to keep current as I catch up on the older posts.

Edited by rametindallas

Just bought a used, 19,429 km, CBR150 and tomorrow I'm putting it in storage as I return to Dallas next week. Can't wait for next stay and have my own transport in LOS for the first time in 12 years. I must say that, after falling in love with the looks, coming to this forum 'sealed the deal'. I had some police friends check it out and negotiate a good deal for me but only time will tell if I got a good one. It's been 15 years since I owned a bike, a very similarly featured Yamaha in 550 cc. Thanks for all the input on this forum. I am on page seven and have a lot of reading to catch up tp the present. I will try to keep current as I catch up on the older posts.

Sounds good Dallas. They are little gems, that is for sure, and welcome to the thread.

carb or fuel injection?

Just put on the 170th kilometre on the beast today, gonna drp the oil out tonight. Replacing with castol edge, I think. I too have experienced this phantom neutral today when changing into 6th, but I am "trying" to baby it, it's difficult finding the restraint.

Anybody else live on samui and is up for a blat on the mainland?

There are translucent stickers in various shades that would be easier. But yes they should be able to, its a pain to remove the windshield though.

You can use a paper hole puncher to make way for the screw holes without removing it.

Took a trip from Chiang Mai to Mueang Chiang Rai on Friday, came back Saturday. There are some wickedly fun twisties through the mountains there. Not being familiar with the road, I took it a little slower than I normally would on the trip over, but back to "normal" speeds on the way back. Definitely a fun ride, but in some places more torque would have been much appreciated. Lots of shifting, up and down, and it will definitely keep you on your toes. On the way over it was more of a "casual ride" so on the flats I usually kept it between 105-110 kph, but on the way back I ran 125+ in the same places. Got passed 2 different times by Ninja 250's, but hey, what can I say. I still had fun.

Guys im looking for a New Chain for my 2011 CBR 150i. Anyone tell me what size chain i need(how many Links) and whats the difference between X Link and O Link chains.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Size is 428, you'll need to cut the chain down when you buy it. The stock chain is a non masterlink type, you'll have to remove the swingarm to get it off.

If your getting a new one with a masterlink, just cut the old one off by grinding it. Why would you need a new chain for a 2011 bike? You can just tighten it if its loose.

If you want to sell your rear sprocket let me know please.

Took a trip from Chiang Mai to Mueang Chiang Rai on Friday, came back Saturday. There are some wickedly fun twisties through the mountains there. Not being familiar with the road, I took it a little slower than I normally would on the trip over, but back to "normal" speeds on the way back. Definitely a fun ride, but in some places more torque would have been much appreciated. Lots of shifting, up and down, and it will definitely keep you on your toes. On the way over it was more of a "casual ride" so on the flats I usually kept it between 105-110 kph, but on the way back I ran 125+ in the same places. Got passed 2 different times by Ninja 250's, but hey, what can I say. I still had fun.

yep thats a fun road, especially the part right before getting to route 1, you should check out route 107 and the connecting road to Mai Sai if you get the chance. It goes through the forest for the first leg of the trip then opens up to beautiful views, some parts can be a tad bit rough though.

Guys im looking for a New Chain for my 2011 CBR 150i. Anyone tell me what size chain i need(how many Links) and whats the difference between X Link and O Link chains.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Size is 428, you'll need to cut the chain down when you buy it. The stock chain is a non masterlink type, you'll have to remove the swingarm to get it off.

If your getting a new one with a masterlink, just cut the old one off by grinding it. Why would you need a new chain for a 2011 bike? You can just tighten it if its loose.

Reason i was after changing Chain is because its at full extension on it now. Can't tighten it anymore.

Also just had a look at my chain and there is a masterlink in it. I have had the bike from new so it came like that straight from Honda. So i know i can take links out but was after a better quality chain.

Also whats the difference between X and O Link ?

Thanks

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Reason i was after changing Chain is because its at full extension on it now. Can't tighten it anymore.

Also just had a look at my chain and there is a masterlink in it. I have had the bike from new so it came like that straight from Honda. So i know i can take links out but was after a better quality chain.

Thanks

hmm interesting, the old model had a linkless chain, must be riding pretty hard to stretch it to max in a year ! Not sure about x link, been trying to figure that one out myself.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks

hmm interesting, the old model had a linkless chain, must be riding pretty hard to stretch it to max in a year ! Not sure about x link, been trying to figure that one out myself.

Actually, mine's nearly stretched out as well. It will be a year old a few days from now. I might not have driven that many miles, but it has taken its fair share of abuse (i.e. riding through the rain and really bad roads on extended periods by someone who's not waht you would call lightly built). I think it's one or two more adjustment left and I'll be needing a new chain. If I recall correctly the mechs at Honda suggested that I might want to replace the chain next time I take the bike to them for servicing.

Edited by RED21

HI all,

i want to change the Exhaust system of my 2011 CBR 150,and want to spend only 7000 around,what you will suggest to me?Thanks

Theres quite a few places around where you can get good systems. Have a few sites if you drop me a pm.

already send,thanks in advance

Left my bike for 2 weeks over the New Year. Nov 2010 model, fuel injection, 22000km.

It won't start. Surely the battery can't be shot after just one year. I will have to work on this today. No bump start. No choke. angry.png

Left my bike for 2 weeks over the New Year. Nov 2010 model, fuel injection, 22000km.

It won't start. Surely the battery can't be shot after just one year. I will have to work on this today. No bump start. No choke. angry.png

You can bump start it no problem with 2 people. Had to do mine other day. Same sort of problem think it was more to do with fuel as it turned over fine just wouldnt fire. But it bump ok.

I thought you couldn't bump start fuel injection motorcycles.

Any way, the battery is now being charged up at the local garage.

If its got a Clutch it will bump Start.

Got the battery back fully charged. Got it going. But it didn't want to start and took quite a while. Having got it started, I revved it and then rode it till warm. After that, it started fine.

I have noticed this before that if you leave it for a few days, it doesn't want to start. I think the battery may be a red herring. Something else is not optimal. A fairly new bike should start reliably if left for less than 2 weeks.

I thought you couldn't bump start fuel injection motorcycles.

Any way, the battery is now being charged up at the local garage.

If its got a Clutch it will bump Start.

Got the battery back fully charged. Got it going. But it didn't want to start and took quite a while. Having got it started, I revved it and then rode it till warm. After that, it started fine.

I have noticed this before that if you leave it for a few days, it doesn't want to start. I think the battery may be a red herring. Something else is not optimal. A fairly new bike should start reliably if left for less than 2 weeks.

Don't know if it is the same problem, but might well be; back on page 117 (post 2916) uppalux mentioned his bike stalled and was hard to start after 4 days not using it. He figured it was an air lock in the FI system and turning the key on and off several times would fix the problem. I guess he means turn it on and let the pump run for several seconds, and repeat.

http://www.thaivisa..../page__st__2900

Could also be a battery problem, only way to really know if the battery is faulty is to load test it, but doubt many thai mechanics will have one. If a battery is a cell down it may create problems with the ECU.

Edited by taichiplanet