Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

It should be pretty easy for you to find out how much oil the bike requires. Once filled with the correct quantity of oil, check the oil level screwed in and the method i mentioned above to see what gives you the correct reading on your dipstick. Bob's your uncle!

Edited by karlos

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, reading about kawapower having problems with Honda not changing his oil filter on the 250, made me think. When I've serviced my 150 I don't recall them ever changing the oil filter. I checked the maintenance schedule for both models and while the 250 does have an oil filter it says nothing for the 150. So does the 150 have no oil filter?

No, the 150 does not have an oil filter, at least not in the usual sense. I does have what Honda refer to as an oil screen that can be taken out and cleaned in kerosene or whatever. So far as I remember it's not refered to in the service schedule, but I could be wrong.

As for the English service manual: www.hrrda.com/public/filelibrary/cbr150r.pdf

Yes, I'm sorry about that,I was just about to post a correction when I saw your post, and also warn against downloading the 4shared.com, it,It's really dodgy, it has tried to take over everything on my machine and it's a real bitch to get rid of, in fact I haven't managed to yet.

I couldn't get back in to that post to warn about it, the edit button was missing.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by my stupidity!

Yes, I'm sorry about that,I was just about to post a correction when I saw your post, and also warn against downloading the 4shared.com, it,It's really dodgy, it has tried to take over everything on my machine and it's a real bitch to get rid of, in fact I haven't managed to yet.

I couldn't get back in to that post to warn about it, the edit button was missing.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by my stupidity!

If you think your post contains a bad link with malware or such things than just reoprt the post to a moderator using the "Report" link. I am sure they will delete the post then or remove the "bad link".

• 3 weeks later...

>>but on most motorcycles with a "screw-type" dipstick you are supposed to fully screw in the dipstick then remove to check oil level.<<

Wrong !!! its exactly the opposite.....i would expect a newby to make that mistake but you ?

• 3 weeks later...

I believe when you change the oil on the old CBR150, you never get the full amount out. About 40% stays in the engine. When I changed to synthetic, it took two changes to complete remove the regular oil.

its helps to blow compressed air into the oil filler hole, quite an extra bit comes out.

How often should the chain be changed? and should you change the rear chain wheel (or whatever its called) at the same time?

It's call a sprocket and you should change your chain and sprockets (front and back) when ever you fully pull back the rear wheel and your chain is still loose. You can always just cut two or three teeth off the Chain and it should last you some time. When ever you change the chain you should also. Change the sprockets.

hi guys! any idea if a thai student would able to secure a loan for a new cbr150? down about 20k without guarantor is it possible?

Yes, but he or she would need to be over 18 with some sort of employment. We offer easy financing here at Sumet Cycle. Send me a PM if you have any other questions. Best of luck.

Brian

How often should the chain be changed? and should you change the rear chain wheel (or whatever its called) at the same time?

It really depends on how well you maintain the the chain. I clean and lube mine every 500 km. When you put a new chain on, it's best to change the front and rear sprockets as well. Best of luck.

Brian

• 4 weeks later...

So, I finally managed to change the stock windshield to a black-tinted one.

Took me half a day. Installing it was easy, it was taking of the dam_n layered fairings that wasn't. I had to replace the allen screws that were holding the mirrors, they were really on too tight that I stripped two of them (the ones on the bottom). I actually mangled one of my hex keys (not the cheap one that came in the tool roll with the bike) trying to remove them and had to drill them off. Replacing the two stripped screws and keeping the other two would look weird, so i replaced all four (the replacements had cylindrical heads on them compared to the round mound heads of the original ones, this would make them easier to take off next time - not that I would want to do that any time soon). The service manual was quite helpful, even if I don't read "squiggles".

A few more tips to remember when taking off the fairings:

"Always remember which screw/bolt goes to which hole."

"An extra set of hands is always useful."

I took the bike out for a 70km ride to work after a late lunch and a short nap (dealing with those fairings was a bitch and it drained me). Although I had meant it to be a cosmetic mod, I actually noticed an improvement in the aerodynamics - especially during the windy parts of the route through the rice fields. I used to feel like I was about to be blown over during these parts of the trip. The bike felt nippier than usual (but probably because it just had a change oil yesterday and the chain had just been lubed).

Here's the picture of the bike with the new shield on (sorry if the image quality isn't that great I just took it with my mobile phone).

post-118861-0-22915700-1344180110_thumb.

BTW, anyone from Chiang Mai interested in the stock windshield/front cowl?

Edited by RED21

Took me half a day. Installing it was easy, it was taking of the dam_n layered fairings that wasn't. I had to replace the allen screws that were holding the mirrors, they were really on too tight that I stripped two of them (the ones on the bottom). I actually mangled one of my hex keys (not the cheap one that came in the tool roll with the bike) trying to remove them and had to drill them off. Replacing the two stripped screws and keeping the other two would look weird, so i replaced all four (the replacements had cylindrical heads on them compared to the round mound heads of the original ones, this would make them easier to take off next time - not that I would want to do that any time soon). The service manual was quite helpful, even if I don't read "squiggles".

I took the bike out for a 70km ride to work after a late lunch and a short nap (dealing with those fairings was a bitch and it drained me). Although I had meant it to be a cosmetic mod, I actually noticed an improvement in the aerodynamics - especially during the windy parts of the route through the rice fields. I used to feel like I was about to be blown over during these parts of the trip. The bike felt nippier than usual (but probably because it just had a change oil yesterday and the chain had just been lubed).

Here's the picture of the bike with the new shield on (sorry if the image quality isn't that great I just took it with my mobile phone).

Red... That looks rather good! Could you post the website where you are getting the parts? Might be make-over time here as well.

Red... That looks rather good! Could you post the website where you are getting the parts? Might be make-over time here as well.

Got it from Yos at Faddybike - through Facebook. Not sure if I can post links here so I'll PM them to you. This is probably the only cosmetic mod I'll do on the bike, but I'm planning to change the exhaust and the rear mono shock soon.

Edited by RED21

• 1 month later...

I bought an xspeed engine guard yesterday evening so I really didn't have a chance to feel the difference but today on my way to work I notice the bike seems to run smoother now. It feel very smooth at around 10k-11k

Has anyone spent the money on an engine guard? And how did you feel with it?

I bought an xspeed engine guard yesterday evening so I really didn't have a chance to feel the difference but today on my way to work I notice the bike seems to run smoother now. It feel very smooth at around 10k-11k

You mean something like this?

20110705cover_1.jpg

Sorry for this stupid question, i know nothing about such parts. But isn't such engine guard just for styling and protection of the casing? Why should it make my engine run smoother?

20110705cover_1.jpg

Sorry for this stupid question, i know nothing about such parts. But isn't such engine guard just for styling and protection of the casing? Why should it make my engine run smoother?

+1 huh.png

20110705cover_1.jpg

+1 huh.png

Technically it should not. However, if there are some harmonics resulting from the engine casing vibrating, the added weight and stiffness of the case saver can theoretically, just like lead in bar ends, absorb it or change the resonant frequency enough to make the bike appear to run more smoothly.

**edit**

Proper technical term.

Edited by dave_boo