Immigration Closed for substitution

I heard there are 2 Songkran substute days in September. 4 and 7

Does this mean Post Office , School Banks and of course Immigration will all close  from 3- and re-open 8th ?

Or is thsi just considered a religeous rather than public holiday.

11 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

I thought they had the substitute Songkran holidays back in July. Govt offices, Imm & banks were all closed then and employees I know in the bank said they were closed for Songkran replacement holidays.

That only one of the 3 holidays canceled in April. It was combined with another holiday.

These are the other 2 Songkran holidays that were canceled.

20 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

I thought they had the substitute Songkran holidays back in July. Govt offices, Imm & banks were all closed then and employees I know in the bank said they were closed for Songkran replacement holidays.

The first substitute public holiday was July 27. September 4 and 7 are the last two substitute holidays for Songkran. 

22 minutes ago, hanuman2 said:

Are immigration offices ever open on a Saturday?

They are not open on Saturdays.

You will to take you child out of school long enough to be with you when you apply for a 60 day extension to visit your child.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

They are not open on Saturdays.

You will to take you child out of school long enough to be with you when you apply for a 60 day extension to visit your child.

OK thanks.

Just as a follow-up, about 2 years or so ago I went to my local immigration office to get a 2 month extension for the same kind of visa but I didn't have the TM30. At that time, I paid an approx 2000Bt fine and got registered on their system and got the 2 months extension. This time when i try for a 2 month extension (different visa but same visa type), will the lack of a TM30 be a problem or can I just say "I'm already on your system at the same address" and it won't be a problem?

I know about the inconsistencies around different imm. offices, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows the actual law about this.

Cheers!

Edited by hanuman2

16 minutes ago, hanuman2 said:

I know about the inconsistencies around different imm. offices, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows the actual law about this.

Under a new immigration regulation that went into effect on June 30th the TM30 report is not required unless you change your address that immigration has in their records.

• Like 1