Anyone in The UK?

I was wondering if there are any members in The UK trying to get back to Thailand on either "Tourist" or "Retirement" visas?

I had Retirement visas for 5 years up to last year, when I just got a multi entry Tourist visa due to the changed bank requirements. I had to return to The UK last month and now wonder how to get back to my house in Thailand. Information on the Embassy website is not clear. Enquiries are not answered.

What are peoples experiences?

Is it possible to attempt a Retirement visa application online not knowing when we will be able to re-enter Thailand?

Any insights would be appreciated.

Cheers

LP

The allowed groups of people are well publicised, retirees are not among them.  So right now you have to wait unless you qualify otherwise (married/parent/PR/work permit)  But, as you will possibly have read there are moves to allow "tourists" in, this might be your best shot if it in fact comes to anything.  But exactly now nothing much you can do but watch and wait.

I am married to a Thai lady and am stuck in uk. We both recognise that the silly hoops, requirements and complete nonsense and expense to return to Thailand currently is not worth the effort. We will wait. I will lose my retirement extension again in January - but its not exactly difficult to start the 15 months again.

For me though, it has brought home the need to bring my family to the uk quicker than planned, as this nuttiness could return any time 

• Like 1

Better buy some winter clothes .. you're going nowhere!!!

U could have 10 years of marriage or retirement visas ..the day the last one expires your out and start all over again .. previous visas no consideration what so ever ...

• Like 1