Are the food handouts still going on?

jackdd

In the first months after the shutdown there were many news about food handouts for people in need.

Are these still going on, or is the little money which the government handed out to people in the meantime enough? I didn't stumble across any report about it in the recent past.

4 hours ago, elgenon said:

So sad.

I am concerned that the flu is coming, Covid is staying, and maybe the 4th pandemic will come out of China. Not unimaginable. Who's to say the next pandemic will wait until the current one is solved?

You seem like a worrier. Why think about stuff that hasn't even happened yet? Just relax. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Max69xl said:

You seem like a worrier. Why think about stuff that hasn't even happened yet? Just relax. 

Thanks, but I am not worried about it but I am wondering why this possibility has never been mentioned. I am considering the possibility. Don't have car insurance because you are not yet in an accident? Why are people and governments discussing the possibility of the seasonal flu and Covid-19 existing at the same time? It hasn't happened yet. People seem to take for granted that this pandemic will be solved before the next. I think governments need to be pro-active in their thinking. 

fortunately / unfortunately i'm back in blighty. back to work to bolster the holiday funds. ☹️ . even here there are people in west london (acton eg. amongst other 'affluent' areas) with paper cups at the traffic lights begging drivers for money. not new i know, but more prolific it seems. i understand certain circumstances may dictate this begging in the uk, ie not entitled or not in the system. however, i do feel for  the indigenous population of thailand. lived there / worked there all their lives and entitled to FA.

not too much government assistance, but the generosity of those who are able and willing to help.

thai ruk thai- i believed was the phrase in the day, but could the government 'ruk thai' also? not enough foreigners to pass the blame onto anymore, the few left seem to be opening up soup kitchens themselves for the locals. 

so....topic...

are the food handouts still going on

hope so. to those that need them. and no doubt the number are increasing.

????