Local medical insurance providers

slsmith38

Has anybody taken out medical insurance policies with either Pacific Crest of WrLife? Pacific Cross regularly advertise on Thaivisa and I saw WrLife post an advert for the first time yesterday. They appear to be based in India with a local agent!! WrLife rates are quite a lot cheaper for comprehensive coverage compared to other providers so what's the catch? Pacific Cross are more expensive but well priced. I am looking at full international coverage, not just the locally compliant policies required for OA visas. Any feedback about either company would be much appreciated as I am looking to change my current Aetna Platinum policy which is getting expensive for the level of coverage it provides. I am 61 years old.

Edited by slsmith38

Many TV members have used Pacific Cross but mostly because they needed to comply with O-A visa requirements.

WRLife is very new, and being based in India any dispute would come under India insurance regs and legal system.

I would advise getting an expat  policy issued by a company based in a Western country, there are a number of them.

I also strongly advise going through a broker. I use AA myself. A good broker will provide comparative in o on all the choices and also help afterwards with claims.

A few things to look for:

- guaranteed lifetime renewal

- no premium hikes based on claim history or change in health status (rules out the Thai-based companies)

I am assuming you do not have an O-A visa. If yo udo then only Thai companies on the "list" qualify.

• Like 1