Shipping times from canada to chiang mai

UnitedXpat

Hi everyone,

I’m sorry if this question has been asked several times however I’ve search high and low but can’t find a straight answer. 

I’ve shipped a parcel from Canada via their Small Packet International Air (untracked) service. It’s been about three weeks and my aunt has still not received the parcel. 

Canada post says it takes about 12+ business days for personal parcels via this service. However due to covid are these shipping times extended? Would anyone be able to chime in and give me some hope that the scarf I’ve knitted for her is not lost in transit please? Has anyone shipped anything to Thailand from Canada with the small packet service lately? Or has anyone from Canada sent anything to you here in Thailand via this untracked service?

thank you in advance for your responses!

Take this for whatever it may be worth:  On Aug. 16, I sent a letter from Thailand to Alberta, Canada by EMS. (Post Office affiliated courier). After 18 days, it hasn't arrived there yet.  EMS did their job, getting it out of Thailand in just over 24 hrs. (measured from my home in Isarn.)

In early Aug., I had sent another letter by EMS to Vancouver, that one was there in 12 days. 

• Thanks 1