Toilet Names & Notices

We've all visited toilets in pubs, restaurants etc. and it never fails to surprise me the various names that I see in some.

There are, of course the standard 'Gents' & 'Ladies'.

...and then

'Stags' & 'Hinds'

'Knights' & 'Damsels'

"Bouys and Gulls."

"Ladies" and others "Laddies"

"Dukes" and "Duchesses"

but the funniest is 'Shake Dry' & 'Drip Dry'.

During a loo paper shortage on a ship. The purser posted a note on the loo doors directing officer's wives to limit themselves to 3 pieces per visit:
One fore and aft
One athwart-ships and
One polishing.

During the slump in the 1930’s lots of seamen were thrown out of work and this is the tale of one first mate who found himself walking the streets in Tiger Bay Cardiff, thoroughly depressed, down at heel and wondering where the next meal was coming from.
A large car goes by with the driver smoking a big cigar and the mate recognises him as the bosun on his last ship. He waves frantically and the car stops and sure enough it is the bosun. He remarks on the posh car and the bosun explains that he is now the area manager for the Prudential Insurance Company and that business was booming . The mate asks him if there is a possibility of a job and the ex-bosun says – “ Sure – here’s my card. Come to the office tomorrow at ten and I’ll fix you up with a job”

The mate is delighted and gets to the Prudential office next day where the bosun sits behind a big desk with a busty secretary nearby. He tells the mate that he can be a salesman selling insurance policies door to door. He hands him a sheaf of policies and says he will make a fortune in commission – no wage- just commission.

The mate thanks him profusely and hoofs it around the streets of Cardiff, knocking on doors and trying to sell the policies. However, he finds that on-one wants insurance but he plods on all week with not a single sale.
On the Friday, thoroughly brassed off he climbs the steps of a run down Victorian house and knocks on the door.
A little girl answers and he says to her – “ Is your mother in the Prudential ?”
The little girl says – “No – she’s in the Sh**house”
The mate says – “ Well give her these will you” – handing her the sheaf of policies –“ and tell her to wipe her bottom with them “

Hence in our house the toilet is always referred to as “the Prudential”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Yeah, hilarious! Really, I missed that one. What did you say was funny?

The funny part I missed to post is that trolls trot all over, beating the COVID-19!

No vaccine available yet ????????

22 minutes ago, ravip said:

The funny part I missed to post is that trolls trot all over, beating the COVID-19!

No vaccine available yet ????????

Instead of an irrelevant comment. Why don´t you explain what is funny with male´s genitals that shake dry and a women´s that drip dry?

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...