Complacent neo coloniaism

Dumbastheycome

I submit  my  generalized  opinion  of the  opinion  of  so many on this   forum.

I would  prefer  to  discount those  that insist  on  visiting  despite the fact they have  long departed  as  failures  of their own capacity  to encompass the  reality of outcome  in  assumptions of expectations in their sojourn into  Thailand .

But  I have  to acknowledge the fact that  they  either directly  or  indirectly flavour  the content  of the  forum.

Yet I have to  say I can only  wonder  at the motivation of  such. Is it  productive? If it is  then only  because perhaps it  somehow disguises the fact that their existence wherever they  now are affords  them  some  puerile vindication in attempt  to  justify themselves in a sense  of  denial.

If  not  then  how and  why  can they refute  the long term existent residency  of so many other expats  in Thailand?

Perhaps their  failure is as a result  of the  social  culture  they  thought  to escape  but  were  disappointed ? That is  not the  fault  of  anything  but the  social culture  that conditioned  them. Certainly  not  the social  culture they  thought they  naively or  arrogantly assumed  they entered into in  Thailand.

I can have a degree of empathy  for  those  people but  no  large degree of  sympathy. 

The  difference between  a  successful  transition  into a new  culture  is  not dependent  on total acquiesence  or  dominance of  it. It  is  an accommodation or  not  of  expectation versus  living reality.

So what is it I am trying to say?

If  Thailand  burned  you  stay away or come again with  some  appreciation of the  fact that global  cultures all possess the  ability  to  make fire  that  can burn !

Have I been  burnt?  Damn  right I  have. But never  so  bad as  from  within my original  residential  western  culture.

I have  spent  30 % of  my life living  in South East Asia and despite  never  seeking  residency  have been  socially accomodated .   

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2