Praise for English boxer feeding the stray dogs in Krabi

webfact

Praise for English boxer feeding the stray dogs in Krabi

11pm2.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Thai media 77kaoded had a lot of praise for an English boxer helping out stray dogs in Krabi in the south of Thailand. 

Michael Long, 33, introduced himself as Mike on a video in which he was shown feeding a pack of strays with dog food pellets mixed with rice. 

Mike explained that a friend of his called Robyn had set up a group called "Robyn Response" to help the strays. 

During the pandemic there had been few tourists and the dogs were desperate for food so his friend had helped and appealed for donations before she had to go home. 

11pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Now Mike was giving up his time to continue the good work. 

He said that 500 baht got enough food for the dogs for a week and also helped with sterilization programs, deworming and eradication of ticks. 

He said he had free time and helping the strays made him happy so that "everyone can live peacefully".

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-09

Fence a minimum of a 3 rai plot in every city. Round up the strays, and put them there. Let all the foreigners that wish go feed them, and put one government worker there to look at everything.

Good man. Lots of love for him. And I note his sterilizing of the dogs  and vaccinations which will prevent the problem form growing.

Haters are going to hate and I am sure some  will  show up on the thread to spew their nastiness.

May they come back in the next life as dog food.

12 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I was reading to see where the "boxer" bit come from.. anyone with better reading skills than i can tell?...

Northern England somewhere maybe?  Some healthy looking mutts on that video.

They are pests and carry disease, they bite kids on bikes and the elderly.

They lay in 7-11's doorway.

The guy is stupid feeding them .... he'd be doing more good if he was getting rid of them day by day, if he travelled all of Thailand and got rid of 10,000,000 soi dogs he'd be a hero. 

I vote for zero mangy soi dogs ....

Thankyou , make it so my children can’t walk without being chased and bitten by dogs just so you can pretend you’re a good man infront of bar girlfriend , how many times you feed dogs in uk 

5 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Fence a minimum of a 3 rai plot in every city. Round up the strays, and put them there. Let all the foreigners that wish go feed them, and put one government worker there to look at everything.

Good idea. People seem to think it is OK to feed strays in someone else's neighborhood where they create problems for the residents. If they want to feed them they should take them home.

1 hour ago, dorayme said:

Good idea. People seem to think it is OK to feed strays in someone else's neighborhood where they create problems for the residents. If they want to feed them they should take them home.

Yep, the sad thing is that the government and the news as well as the social media community take this guy to heaven.

Tell me! How do you fight stupidity?

27 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

A lot of the negative comments from people seem to have the same mentality and intellect of trump supporters...narrow mindedness 

Good for him for improving his local surroundings...A for his effort and F for the “do nothing” continual complainers 

nonsense .... he's doing more harm than good. He's encouraging stupid thai's to think it's a good act to feed stray soi dogs.  They are pests.

Another UK guy with invisible helmet. 

Some members like to say farang sensible always use helmet?

CDCDDC4C-B559-427D-B812-A021EA96EA48.jpeg.f289cdb8357b79fac945a5f369869020.jpeg

I think the dog not like farang food..

Thankyou Michael.

7442B0E3-922B-4E73-8163-F35563034E50.jpeg

On 9/9/2020 at 2:09 AM, RichardColeman said:

Sorry, but if the guy feeds them then he should take legal responsibility for every single person they bite , along with all their medical bills. 

It is unlikely that socialized, healthy dogs will bite.

Typically, dogs bite when frightened, or sick or stressed. Humans have a bad habit of tormenting animals and then wondering why the animals react.

The benefit of maintaining  a local neutered and vaccinated dog population in areas where there are feral  dog populations is that the socialized  groups keep the feral dogs out and prevent an increase in the feral dog population  for the  area.

On 9/10/2020 at 12:45 AM, krabi local said:

And a little girl was chased and attacked by a pack of dogs on the beach on Monday.

She was bitten but the dogs were scared off by some locals.

Poor kid was terrified.

it's all about posing and exclaiming 'look at me, I'm a hero' while doing absolutely squat in aiding the country of which he's a guest - maybe he forgot to duck a few too many times..

Archived