Tourist Visa Newbie Question

Hi, I did have a look around b4 posting but sorry if this question been asked loads of times,

I have a UK passport I am only 43 years old, every year I seem to get 29 days which from what I read means I have been just getting the transit visa. This year I want to actually stay around 40 days so it seems I need a tourist visa which last 60 days, is it best to try to get this while in the UK by applying maybe to the Thai embassy here or is it easier to do while I am there maybe at the airport, I do not actually know if I can apply over in the UK but know its better trying to get a visa rather than pay a fine I shall mainly be in the Phuket area.

Thanks

Hi, I did have a look around b4 posting but sorry if this question been asked loads of times,

I have a UK passport I am only 43 years old, every year I seem to get 29 days which from what I read means I have been just getting the transit visa. This year I want to actually stay around 40 days so it seems I need a tourist visa which last 60 days, is it best to try to get this while in the UK by applying maybe to the Thai embassy here or is it easier to do while I am there maybe at the airport, I do not actually know if I can apply over in the UK but know its better trying to get a visa rather than pay a fine I shall mainly be in the Phuket area.

Thanks

Yes, get the "Tourist Visa" in the UK. They do not issue them in Thailand. I think there is a "consulate" in Hull that has been mentioned many times, and seems to provide excellent service from other peoples accounts.

Ok thanks I shall look up the one mentioned in Hull, cheers again for the quick reply

Thanks

Yes, get the "Tourist Visa" in the UK. They do not issue them in Thailand. I think there is a "consulate" in Hull that has been mentioned many times, and seems to provide excellent service from other peoples accounts.

Thanks

I guess from your username you may be in the Birmingham area. If that's the case then there's a consulate in Brum that provided excellent service when I got my Tourist Visa there last year. It's in the office block on the entrance ramp to the New Street shopping centre. It's got a website if you do a quick Google.