Need someone to help facilitate girl in hospital

ThaiBurger

Back in 2014 I connected with a couple on here that assists people who are outside Thailand in facilitating things with friends and acquaintances inside Thailand.

I’m hoping to find someone like that right now.

Have a friend who’s in the hospital in Ranong and needs help facilitating transfer to another hospital, and communication with the people at both hospitals to coordinate it, get her a vehicle, and some ongoing communications.

You can DM me here. Thank you. 

3 hours ago, ThaiBurger said:

Have a friend who’s in the hospital in Ranong and needs help facilitating transfer

i think it would help if you said      is your friend Thai or  ??      about what age    

what their condition is        who and how is money paid for the transfers 

unless you are going to PM  with respondents (which can be done if wanted) ...... those facts i 

mention would at first give an idea what is involved

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rumak said:

i think it would help if you said      is your friend Thai or  ??      about what age    

what their condition is        who and how is money paid for the transfers 

unless you are going to PM  with respondents (which can be done if wanted) ...... those facts i 

mention would at first give an idea what is involved

She is Thai.  About 26.  She has HIV. Had some complications and ended up at government Hospital where she’s been for 12 days in isolation because her CD4 count dropped so low and she acquired a couple hospital infections while she was there for something else.

So they’ve got her separate from people and now she wants to transfer to a private hospital because she feels like she’s getting poor quality care.

There will be ongoing coordinating necessary because I want to help her with her medical bills. As well as get her on better meds.  She literally lives in a mud hut with her mom and son.  

I’ve worked in health education for a couple decades so I know enough to assist.  Just can’t communicate with her hospitals, doctors, etc effectively.  

“Who and how the money is paid for transfers”.  Happy to use any approach to send funds. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ThaiBurger said:

She is Thai.  About 26.  She has HIV. Had some complications and ended up at government Hospital where she’s been for 12 days in isolation because her CD4 count dropped so low and she acquired a couple hospital infections while she was there for something else.

So they’ve got her separate from people and now she wants to transfer to a private hospital because she feels like she’s getting poor quality care.

There will be ongoing coordinating necessary because I want to help her with her medical bills. As well as get her on better meds.  She literally lives in a mud hut with her mom and son.  

I’ve worked in health education for a couple decades so I know enough to assist.  Just can’t communicate with her hospitals, doctors, etc effectively.  

“Who and how the money is paid for transfers”.  Happy to use any approach to send funds. 

Yes,  you will need to find someone in Ranong area.   #1.   it is a big responsibility for someone, especially a farang (legal issues a possibility).    #2  Your wishes and direction may very well not be

performed exactly as you would like.   Depends on person assisting...... and depends on how the hospitals will follow what you ask for.      BOTH are big ifs.

I guess worth a shot to ask here.  Maybe Sheryl has some ideas.  Ask in the health forum, or ask mod to send this topic to health forum (click on top right of your post, there is a symbol when clicked on will say "report post".    then you can ask to send to Health Forum

• Like 2

21 hours ago, rumak said:

Yes,  you will need to find someone in Ranong area.   #1.   it is a big responsibility for someone, especially a farang (legal issues a possibility).    #2  Your wishes and direction may very well not be

performed exactly as you would like.   Depends on person assisting...... and depends on how the hospitals will follow what you ask for.      BOTH are big ifs.

I guess worth a shot to ask here.  Maybe Sheryl has some ideas.  Ask in the health forum, or ask mod to send this topic to health forum (click on top right of your post, there is a symbol when clicked on will say "report post".    then you can ask to send to Health Forum

Really it’s just translation assistance. Somebody to talk to them on the phone, ask the questions I want to ask, and coordinate communication. It’s not that complex of a situation.

she was moved to a private hospital and they’re asking for a 70,000 baht deposit upon her arrival. This would be a situation where I would have the person call them and ask why it’s so much. etc 

also, this can be done almost entirely on the phone so they don’t need to be in Ranong.  Only consideration here is phone bill.  Calling from USA is expensive. 

Edited by ThaiBurger
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ThaiBurger said:

Really it’s just translation assistance. Somebody to talk to them on the phone, ask the questions I want to ask, and coordinate communication. It’s not that complex of a situation.

she was moved to a private hospital and they’re asking for a 70,000 baht deposit upon her arrival. This would be a situation where I would have the person call them and ask why it’s so much. etc 

also, this can be done almost entirely on the phone so they don’t need to be in Ranong.  Only consideration here is phone bill.  Calling from USA is expensive. 

i think its a LOT MORE than that .   I stand by my post.   good luck in getting things done

5 hours ago, ThaiBurger said:

try email