Thai Also Tested - Repatriation Flights To Thailand

Can somebody confirm to me, who just dont know anymore, if thai people are being tested before entering these repatriationflights to Thailand????

I was under the impression that they were excluded and mixed up with the already tested falangs onboard?? However I maybe got that completely wrong???

Any documentation that show either or??

thank you,

glegolo

I must admit that I am not 100% sure how to understand that document when it comes to that Health certificate.. They havedifferent wording for falang and for thai nationals.....

Can you in clear wording inform me if thai nationals need to be tested or not. That would be great to find out.

thank you for your help

glegolo

18 minutes ago, glegolo said:

I must admit that I am not 100% sure how to understand that document when it comes to that Health certificate.. They have different wording for falang and for thai nationals....

Number one is completely different between the the 2. It states proof that they are not infected with corvid 19 is needed for foreigners. The only proof of that is a test.

For Thais it only states they need a fit to fly certificate. No test is required for Thais.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Number one is completely different between the the 2. It states proof that they are not infected with corvid 19 is needed for foreigners. The only proof of that is a test.

For Thais it only states they need a fit to fly certificate. No test is required for Thais.

Fantastic, thnk you so much...

glegolo

There is no requirement for a Thai taking a repatriation flight to have a negative Covid test 72 hours before flying, just a fit to fly certificate. A foreigner has to have both. However there is a caveat to this. Emirates are now allowed to carry qualifying people into Thailand. A Thai cannot take one of these flights and go into free state quarantine. They can however choose to go into Alternate State Quarantine (ASQ) and pay. In these circumstances they can take these flights but they are subjected to the same conditions as foreigners. Ie Covid test and fit to fly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimn said:

There is no requirement for a Thai taking a repatriation flight to have a negative Covid test 72 hours before flying, just a fit to fly certificate. A foreigner has to have both. However there is a caveat to this. Emirates are now allowed to carry qualifying people into Thailand. A Thai cannot take one of these flights and go into free state quarantine. They can however choose to go into Alternate State Quarantine (ASQ) and pay. In these circumstances they can take these flights but they are subjected to the same conditions as foreigners. Ie Covid test and fit to fly.

The Thai consulate in Dubai is quite clear that these flights are for Non-Thai nationals only, although Emirates doesn't reflect that in their requirements.  The consul won't issue a COE to a Thai national going by what they say.  It could be interesting if a Thai starts their journey outside Dubai and their country of origin supplies a COE not knowing what's on the Dubai website.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, treetops said:

The Thai consulate in Dubai is quite clear that these flights are for Non-Thai nationals only, although Emirates doesn't reflect that in their requirements.  The consul won't issue a COE to a Thai national going by what they say.  It could be interesting if a Thai starts their journey outside Dubai and their country of origin supplies a COE not knowing what's on the Dubai website.

I am afraid you are mistaken. There has been a statement clarifying this and I can assure you that Thai's have and are flying with Emirates as long as it is under the same conditions as foreigners. I closely follow the main facebook groups advising people on how to return to Thailand. I will try and dig it out.

3 minutes ago, jimn said:

I am afraid you are mistaken. There has been a statement clarifying this and I can assure you that Thai's have and are flying with Emirates as long as it is under the same conditions as foreigners. I closely follow the main facebook groups advising people on how to return to Thailand. I will try and dig it out.

Happy to be proven wrong as I was just going by this

image.png.bf2cf80c28662ed96736228549d8f060.png

Source: https://dubai.thaiembassy.org/en/content/emirates-airline-has-been-approved-by-the-caat-to

Although your comment about the same conditions makes sense with Emirates mentioning Thais must have a Covid test despite my understanding they couldn't travel, when they don't normally need this test.

7 minutes ago, treetops said:

Happy to be proven wrong as I was just going by this

image.png.bf2cf80c28662ed96736228549d8f060.png

Source: https://dubai.thaiembassy.org/en/content/emirates-airline-has-been-approved-by-the-caat-to

Although your comment about the same conditions makes sense with Emirates mentioning Thais must have a Covid test despite my understanding they couldn't travel, when they don't normally need this test.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3197196477012243&id=148348108563777

The embassy issued a clarification on 3rd September

Edited by jimn

24 minutes ago, jimn said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3197196477012243&id=148348108563777

The embassey issued a clarification on 3rd September

Thanks.  Google translates for me as those wishing to use ASQ can do so, not that it's compulsory.  Can you confirm that part?

ETA:  Or is it in the graphic I can't read too well?

ETA2:  Found it in the comments below.

Edited by treetops

17 minutes ago, treetops said:

Thanks.  Google translates for me as those wishing to use ASQ can do so, not that it's compulsory.  Can you confirm that part?

That only applies to Thais. They can choose to pay for a ASQ instead of the standard state quarantine for them.

15 minutes ago, treetops said:

ETA:  Or is it in the graphic I can't read too well?

Basically if a Thai uses Emirates its ASQ, Covid test, Fit to Fly and I have also seen that they need $100,000 insurance. Reason being is if they get Covid whilst in ASQ they will be transferred to the partner private hospital for treatment. If they do not do all this, they cant fly and have to wait for a repriation flight.

Just now, jimn said:

Basically if a Thai uses Emirates its ASQ, Covid test, Fit to Fly and I have also seen that they need $100,000 insurance. Reason being is if they get Covid whilst in ASQ they will be transferred to the partner private hospital for treatment. If they do not do all this, they cant fly and have to wait for a repriation flight.

Yes, found it and edited my post about the same time as you posted.

4 minutes ago, bill014 said:

In light of the above, can you get a flight from London to Dubai, stay overnight, then onward travel to Bangkok? Can you get a COE, fit to fly and test done there?

You can do it all from London.  In other threads it's been reported that the London embassy has confirmed they will issue a COE, and a TV poster has mentioned he is booked (or maybe travelled already) from his London origin using this Emirates flight with test and FTF done in London.

Edited by treetops

Can someone clarify what the "Fit To Fly" certificate certifies (other than the obvious)? I'e been under the impression that it certifies that you have taken a covid test and received a negative result. If Thais don't need a test, why do they need a fake certificate?

6 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

If Thais don't need a test, why do they need a fake certificate?

Why would it be fake?

The fit to fly certificate for Thais just states they are not showing symptoms and are healthy enough to travel.

The fit to fly for others does not have to say they have been tested either unless the the test results were available. In many cases the results are received after the letter is done to meet the 72 hour requirement.

20 hours ago, jimn said:

Thai nationals (incl. foreigners) must take repatriation flights and they only need a fit-to-fly certificate which doesn't say you aren't infected, you're just symptom free. 

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Thai nationals (incl. foreigners) must take repatriation flights and they only need a fit-to-fly certificate which doesn't say you aren't infected, you're just symptom free. 

But as the poster you quoted said, if a Thai wants to use the Emirates service they must get the Covid test too (as well as use ASQ instead of SQ).

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Please do not post if you do not know what you are talking about, you will confuse people. The process is exactly as I have described it. If you do some basic investigation you will find you are totally wrong.