Golf is Very Reasonable Now in Phuket

ASEAN NOW Golf

Golf is Very Reasonable Now in Phuket

Although parts of Phuket are very quiet, certain areas especially Bang Tao and the Laguna area were lively. So, in my video recorded at the end of my four-day trip to Phuket, I try to give you a quick overview of what state the courses are in plus our experiences staying in hotels and generally enjoying the island during Covid 19.

I also explain how you can benefit from some of the cheapest deals for golfers across Thailand, here on the Island of Phuket.

We flew with Thai Air Asia return from U Tapao to Phuket (in the video I said Thai Air!!!) and the planes were 75% full so people are taking advantage of some very low fares.

IMG_20200913_094659 (2).jpg

One hour and we were there and flying over the sea, actually felt like we were taking a break overseas.

Our Honda Jazz rent a car at the airport was only THB800 a day, so being their rainy season, we still managed to explore the island.

It will be wet most days until November, but I personally saw how quickly the greens and fairways drained and golfers were out again within 25 minutes after a tropical downpour.

I would certainly consider taking advantage of some great rates for air, hotels and golf and head to Phuket.

Mike Bridge,

Thaivisa Golf

golf-banner.gif 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Mike, very informative! 

I'm slowly getting too old for wake-boarding and the price of golf has always put me off in Europe (I lived in Germany and Spain). I don't have a handicap yet although I have had a few lessons and know how to behave on a golf course. Do I need a handicap to play on any of the Phuket courses as I arrive back next week after my delightful quarantine in Bangkok...