Ais 12call Gprs Package

edwinchester

Hi, anyone else having problems with their AIS 12call GPRS package?

I have the 50 hr 200Bht package which renewed on the 23rd of this month.

Since then I have only used it for about 8 hours but it has used what remained of my Bht balance and now says that I do not have enough balance to connect.

When I called AIS they admit they have a problem but for now suggest that I topup my credit to connect. Something I do not want to do as I should have about 42 hours of time left until the 22nd of next month and guess that maybe it will just eat into the credit topup instead of into what should be my remaining hours.

Was wondering if anyone else has had this same problem and if it was easily resolved?

If not maybe time to switch to DTAC?

This is happening to me too. AIS took my account balance down to 0 despite having 5000 minutes of gprs remaining, and now has spammed me with over 100 SMS text messages saying my acount balance is empty when I try to connect to gprs. I can only use gprs for a few minutes before the connection is lost. AIS told me to put in 50 baht and try again, but it just ate that up too in about 30 minutes and the problem continued. If its not fixed tomorrow, I'm switching to DTAC.

Just bought Happy prepaid SIM from DTAC but you have to phone 1678 to set up GPRS package and pressing one for english you end up asked to leave a voicemail message - and they have the cheek to charge you for the connection.

Then got the girlfriend to do the Thai, and they said could not do the 199 baht package for 50 hours GPRS only 43 baht for 24 hours unlimited or 263 baht for 7 days, had the wrong sim or something!

AIS does seem to be working, so not too amused with DTAC!

I also Had the same problem for the last couple of days!

I also was charged 1 baht per minute as they were charging my phone credit rather than deducting minutes from my 500 baht/200 hour per month package!

It was only when my phone ran out of credit i realised i had a problem.

I called the AIS customer service using the 1175 number, as was politely informed that they were experiencing a problem with the gprs crediting/debiting system nationwide!

I was also informed that they will be replacing users telephone credit lost during the downtime!

My connection is back to normal now! But still waiting for approx 180 baht of lost phone credit!

must say i am most happy with ais' gprs package - which has become edge-enabled by now. am with a post-paid package, not 1-2-call.

never had a problem, could login at 99 percent of times and get good speeds - over a 100 kbps now via edge.

got the 60 hrs package for nearly two years now.

maybe your phones are not up to protocoll standards. i was using a treo 650 and now a nokia e61.

as said, no problems whatsoever.

even faster than hutch - and i tested hutch at different locations.

must say i am most happy with ais' gprs package - which has become edge-enabled by now. am with a post-paid package, not 1-2-call.

never had a problem, could login at 99 percent of times and get good speeds - over a 100 kbps now via edge.

got the 60 hrs package for nearly two years now.

maybe your phones are not up to protocoll standards. i was using a treo 650 and now a nokia e61.

as said, no problems whatsoever.

even faster than hutch - and i tested hutch at different locations.

No problem with the phone or aircard I am using.

AIS have admitted they have had a problem with their prepaid packages.

When I called again was told that there was a problem due to an upgrade to the system, isn't there always?!

Like others still waiting for a refund of the Bht balance I used to have on my account.

It is not only with the prepaid packages (GPRS) that AIS has problems.

When I was south of Sisaket in Isaan, I was using the 1 baht 1 minute GPRS internet connection when suddely my 1-2 call prepaid balance went down to ZERO.

Put 50 baht in and had a Thia friend call them within 2 hours they had re-credited the missing balance

Since then has been working ok

Watch your balances all the time and claim until they re-credit.