Family reunification help

Hi everybody,

I had to leave Thailand in May and have not been able to go back to my family. I'm stuck in Germany and have not been able to get any response from the embassy and different consulates. The one time I talked to somebody, they told me I can't just show up at the embassy and I need to email instead, which I did and never heard back. I qualify for the program to reunite families, and I submitted all of the required documents (weeks ago) but have not heard back.
Has anybody overcome a similar situation?
Is it possible to go to an embassy at another EU country and try to get the exception/visa from there?
I know others are in the same situation, but this is really tough on my family, especially my young son, so any tips would be appreciated.
thanks!

• Like 1

I assume you are married to a Thai and/or are the parent of a Thai. That is way you can apply for a certificate of entry for family reunification.

You have to apply for the certificate of entry at the Thai embassy or official consulate where you are staying.

It seems you need to contact the embassy in Berlin again. http://german.thaiembassy.de/

Or one of the official consulates. Royal Thai Consulate General in Munich or Royal Thai Consulate General in Frankfurt

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you are married to a Thai and/or are the parent of a Thai. That is way you can apply for a certificate of entry for family reunification.

You have to apply for the certificate of entry at the Thai embassy or official consulate where you are staying.

It seems you need to contact the embassy in Berlin again. http://german.thaiembassy.de/

Or one of the official consulates. Royal Thai Consulate General in Munich or Royal Thai Consulate General in Frankfurt

I did. I already submitted all of the documents (six weeks) ago, and then followed up. I have not even heard back once.

20 minutes ago, kmarre said:

I did. I already submitted all of the documents (six weeks) ago, and then followed up. I have not even heard back once.

There is no reason for it to take that long unless it is due to a lack of available repatriation flights.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no reason for it to take that long unless it is due to a lack of available repatriation flights.

Agreed. But even then, the courtesy of a response would be nice seeing how I contacted them (politely) multiple times. The uncertainty of not knowing what's going to happen is really awful ... especially for my young son.

I submitted my request to a Nordic embassy, and got a response the following day requesting some additional information. A week later I was confirmed to have an "approved CoE", but that I'm in the QUEUE for the next flight (which happened 2 weeks later.) So although there might not be seats available, at least my embassy, which coordinated everything together with the German TH embassy, sent a confirmation for the approved CoE (draft.)

Ask your wife to call them, alternatively ask your wife to send them a message to their FB page. Seems to work.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, somtumwrong said:

I submitted my request to a Nordic embassy, and got a response the following day requesting some additional information. A week later I was confirmed to have an "approved CoE", but that I'm in the QUEUE for the next flight (which happened 2 weeks later.) So although there might not be seats available, at least my embassy, which coordinated everything together with the German TH embassy, sent a confirmation for the approved CoE (draft.)

Ask your wife to call them, alternatively ask your wife to send them a message to their FB page. Seems to work.

Update: I reached somebody at the consulate and have an appointment next week!
Thanks all for the help!!!

• Like 2