Mango Tree's

I have an orchard containing approx 100 mango tree's of 2 types (dont know what).

They are maybe 10 yrs old.

Since I bought the land about 3 yrs ago, small branches have been dying & then breaking off.

looking at the fallen branches the insides have been eaten out almost to the bark.

On the living branches there are bore holes of about 3-4 mm diameter that ooze sap.

I havnt been concerned about this as there is always new growth & plenty of good fruit.

But it now seems to be getting worse, so maybe time for action.

In the 3 yrs I've had the land I havnt irrigated, fertelized or applied pesticides.

Anyone got suggestions as to the culprit & how to deal with it ?

sorry no pictures available at the moment.

Thanks

We have some mangoes in our new garden, about 3 to 4 years old. They are heavily attacked by green beetles with very hard shells. They eat all of the new leaves, but ignore old leaves. When there are no new leaves on the mangoes, they take 'kun' trees with new leaves, but they ignore most other trees.

We also have 'dtin pet' trees in front of the house. They are attacked by brown beetles with a soft boddy. My wife likes to eat this sort, but not to the extent to stay up at night to catch them.

I tried pesticides, bougt from the local shop. It is sprayed on the leaves and it keeps the beetles away for a view days - they probably move to neighbors trees for a while.

I also got the impression, that it depends on where a tree stands. The insects seem to go to the first high tree they see when they come out. I have smaller mangoes between bigger trees and they hardly ever are attacked.

Best regards

Thedi [email protected]