The Mighty Mekong

Vegemite

Just a few pics taken from or around Khong Jiam east of Ubon.

Great little place to stay if anyone is thinking of heading out that way.

Chong Mek, a border crossing to Laos is just down the road (25kms) for anyone that way inclined.

Laos in the background in most of the pics, look for the mountains, and one pic n a bridge over the Mun (moon) river. Second largest in Thailand.

post-18138-1177738122_thumb.jpg

post-18138-1177738167_thumb.jpg

post-18138-1177738215_thumb.jpg

post-18138-1177738243_thumb.jpg

post-18138-1177738276_thumb.jpg

I was there a year ago and have some of the same pictures. You are right this is a nice area to visit. We played golf in Sirinton, there was hardly anybody there and it rained lightly while we were out for the day.

Rocky

Great little plafce there. I have been to Khong Chiam quite a few times now. Some great restaurants along the riverside. Last time I went was to a floating restaurant and had a great time. If you pay one of these guys with the longboats about 300 baht they will take you across the river to a small village where they have a very nice small market with some unbelievable low prices for goods.

Great little plafce there. I have been to Khong Chiam quite a few times now. Some great restaurants along the riverside. Last time I went was to a floating restaurant and had a great time. If you pay one of these guys with the longboats about 300 baht they will take you across the river to a small village where they have a very nice small market with some unbelievable low prices for goods.

The wife and I got offered that trip across the river and we would have gone, but the local Thais that we were with said it was to dangerous for me. Maybe because I had no visa for Laos.

Do you know of any problems like this?

post-18138-1177895335_thumb.jpgpost-18138-1177895313_thumb.jpgpost-18138-1177895281_thumb.jpg

Here are a couple more.

Kaeng Saphue with some Rapids and fish markets selling all types of dried fish.

And Sirinthon Dam on the way back to Ubon, we stopped for some ( more ) food.

It is a great part of Thailand for anyone thinking of heading that way.