Leeds United Obituary

Sunderland

I hope you have the same sense of humour when YOU get relegated next year.

Of course ... with our recent history we need a sense of humour :o

Regarding a report from today, throwing a two-pound coin at a 6-year old girl is quite typical of what we have come to expect of more than a minority of Leeds' fans over the years.

You will find it hard to find many supporters in England outside Leeds who have the slightest sympathy for LUFC's demise.

titter ye not sunderland ,

its not over yet , next saturday it only needs hull to lose by 6 and leeds to win by 8 , and we will avoid the drop , and i think you'll agree with me that the odds are looking good.

its a grim day for leeds and their fans , but at the end of that day , it was a match of two halves , both teams deserved to win , but leeds gave it 110% , i'll tell you what , there wasnt a blade of grass they didnt cover this afternoon , and if his shot hadnt gone wide , he would have hit the back of the net. leeds scored the winner early on , but unfortunately ipswich equalized .

as for sunderland , with their track record , and even with their psychotic looney of a manager , i'll tell you what ! you could be going down again yourselves at the end of next season.

Edited by taxexile

its not over yet , next saturday it only needs hull to lose by 6 and leeds to win by 8 , and we will avoid the drop , and i think you'll agree with me that the odds are looking good.

its a grim day for leeds and their fans , but at the end of that day , it was a match of two halves , both teams deserved to win , but leeds gave it 110% , i'll tell you what , there wasnt a blade of grass they didnt cover this afternoon , and if his shot hadnt gone wide , he would have hit the back of the net. leeds scored the winner early on , but unfortunately ipswich equalized .

as for sunderland , with their track record , and even with their psychotic looney of a manager , i'll tell you what ! you could be going down again yourselves at the end of next season.

:D psychotic loonies???? Ha! Ha! Ha! Elland Road is just one big loony asylum. :D Still at least they enjoyed invading the pitch before the final whistle at Elland Road today ... bravado! Seemed silly to throw coins at the Ipswich fans; you'll need the money more than them next season to avoid relegation again. :D

Live life in the present, not in the past :o

:D psychotic loonies???? Ha! Ha! Ha! Elland Road is just one big loony asylum. :D Still at least they enjoyed invading the pitch before the final whistle at Elland Road today ... bravado! Seemed silly to throw coins at the Ipswich fans; you'll need the money more than them next season to avoid relegation again. :D

Live life in the present, not in the past :o

i think a "som nam nar " is needed for Leeds for letting a w#nk manager like David O'leary put you in finanacial ruin and for letting Peter Risdale get away with his ballsac still intact :bah::D

You are not fit to call yourself football fans !

I really couldn't give a toss. I wish your club and the genuine fans of the club ( of which you are not one ) well, all the best see you in the championship soon.

so who are you a genuine fan of ??????? :o

Aye Aye seems we let Hull kick our arse today just so we could kiss Lufc bye bye

Taffy

cardiff are the biggest scum around,behind only galatasaray.enjoying mocking the 2 leeds fans stabbed to death in turkey.you shouldnt even be in the english leagues you sheep Sh*ggers.hope risdale sinks u lot as well.

as for mackem fairies,u lot are so part time,glory fans its untrue.remember relegation from prem? during end of season when your team really needed u lot,under 25,000 turned up and booed every game.we get over 30,000 at bottom of championship.anyone can do well with money,look how we did.

6 years ago on wednesday we reach champions league semi v valencia.what have cardiff and macken done,anything to rival that??

yeh everyone hates leeds,cos we were feared in the 70's for no nonsense football,and played and kicked every team off the park.

Aye Aye seems we let Hull kick our arse today just so we could kiss Lufc bye bye

Taffy

cardiff are the biggest scum around,behind only galatasaray.enjoying mocking the 2 leeds fans stabbed to death in turkey.you shouldnt even be in the english leagues you sheep Sh*ggers.hope risdale sinks u lot as well.

as for mackem fairies,u lot are so part time,glory fans its untrue.remember relegation from prem? during end of season when your team really needed u lot,under 25,000 turned up and booed every game.we get over 30,000 at bottom of championship.anyone can do well with money,look how we did.

6 years ago on wednesday we reach champions league semi v valencia.what have cardiff and macken done,anything to rival that??

yeh everyone hates leeds,cos we were feared in the 70's for no nonsense football,and played and kicked every team off the park.

"we get over 30,000 at bottom of championship"

your not bottom of the championship anymore , league 1 it is ( division 3 ) for Leeds next season , good luck getting out of that one. Are Leeds going to repeat Forest ???? :o:D

Calm down lads or I will slap a few of you into league 2.... :D

only banter :D:bah: , dont get yourself excited :D:D

Not excited but when a few new names appear and the word 'chak wow' and similar terms are bandied about, I feel it necessary to have a word.

This forum needs little moderation and that's the way I like it. But every now and then it's wise to say a few words in case things get out of hand.

I'm dead calm me.... :o

Calm down lads or I will slap a few of you into league 2.... :D

only banter :bah::bah: , dont get yourself excited :D:D

Not excited but when a few new names appear and the word 'chak wow' and similar terms are bandied about, I feel it necessary to have a word.

This forum needs little moderation and that's the way I like it. But every now and then it's wise to say a few words in case things get out of hand.

I'm dead calm me.... :o

I think you should be dead chuffed Chon...Spurs result and you faired far better than I in the compo :D

As a ex-Season Card holder for a number of years at Man City, where my seat was in close proximity of the away support, I can confirm that Leeds United fans are the worse behaved fans I have ever seen, this from my team who have been in 3 divisions.

They are more concerned at causing trouble in the stands than supporting their team. They are fat, hairy knuckle head types who scratch their <deleted>, and burp and fart a lot. And the men are just as bad.

Considering Leeds is the biggest city in England with only one football team - the attendences at Ellend road have been very poor! I have nothing against Leeds generally but I don't like Dennis Wise or Ken Bates so i am not remotely upset - besides the mighty Imps could yet be playing them in League 1 next year (but i wont hold my breath)!

What have Cardiff achieved, well without doing all the boring research blah blah blah...I used to

watch European footie virtually every season at Ninian Park. Cup Winners Cup.

Cardiff have never had the massive support one might think they should get, only 14,000 even if promotion

was a possibility.

We always seemed to lose to the big guns in FA Cup usually 5th Round.

It is ironic that one of our most famous players went to Liverpool for record ££££££'s and later managed Swansea from Div4 to Div1 in consecutive seasons by using aged ex-Liverpool players. I think Swansea also descended just as quickly subsequently.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those are my personal recollections.

btw we used to revel in our reputation for being colourful supporters. Millwall used to give us serious grief however. :o

Taffy

as for mackem fairies,u lot are so part time,glory fans its untrue.remember relegation from prem? during end of season when your team really needed u lot,under 25,000 turned up and booed every game.we get over 30,000 at bottom of championship.anyone can do well with money,look how we did.6 years ago on wednesday we reach champions league semi v valencia.what have cardiff and macken done,anything to rival that??

You are funny! Glory fans??? Ha! Ha! Glory in the past (more than Leeds - fact!) but not for quite a long time, so how does that make us glory fans?

Your attendance on the last day of the season was admirable, but for much of the season you struggled to reach 20,000. Fair enough your average attendance was 21,613 this season, but that's less than Norwich, Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday, Leicester and Southampton, not to mention Derby and Sunderland. Crap club, crap fans.

You have been living inside a cave since the 1970s if you think its jealousy of your success at that time which makes people hate Leeds. Liverpool were far more successful in the late 70's and early 80's, but we don't all hate Liverpool.

No we hate Leeds because they have a higher percentage of racist thugs with a bad attitude than generally found elsewhere. Yes, it's unfair to label all Leeds fans in that way, but Leeds have hardly been proactive over the years in solving the problem, so don't be surprised when the majority of football fans are against Leeds.

Leeds are going down. Financially they are in dire straits and I don't see them coming back as a force within the next 10 years. It says it all when you appoint Papa Smurf as chairman and Dennis The Menace as your manager. :o

What have Cardiff achieved, well without doing all the boring research blah blah blah...I used to

watch European footie virtually every season at Ninian Park. Cup Winners Cup.

Cardiff have never had the massive support one might think they should get, only 14,000 even if promotion

was a possibility.

We always seemed to lose to the big guns in FA Cup usually 5th Round.

It is ironic that one of our most famous players went to Liverpool for record ££££££'s and later managed Swansea from Div4 to Div1 in consecutive seasons by using aged ex-Liverpool players. I think Swansea also descended just as quickly subsequently.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but those are my personal recollections.

btw we used to revel in our reputation for being colourful supporters. Millwall used to give us serious grief however. :o

"European footie virtually every season at Ninian Park. Cup Winners Cup."

wasnt that when you were still allowed to play in the welsh cup ?????. They stopped teams playing in the english league from entering that competition some way back and I dont think you've seen european action since :D:D .

KARMA WITH A CAPITAL " K "

I feel for the genuine unassuming supporters and the young ones and that,s the truth.

The best thing that the club could do now in my humble opinion is get rid of the renowned attitude problem and either change the same in the Manager and the Chairman or replace them.

No extracting of the urine or whatever, just humble, honest advice to regain a decent name and a growing fan base.

Due to the financial situation, unless some very rich sponsors are attracted and brought in, you will find it very diffficult indeed to progress to the heights of football, several seasons down the road. ????

As for the gloating many are displaying, this is the return investment, i,m afraid and human nature paying you back.

While i am not by nature vindictive, the club is reaping what has been sown over the years in the so called name of sportsmanship to others who follow the game.

The game should be enjoyed and appreciated for it,s fair play, sportsmanship and football, just as it was meant to be years ago, let us get back to it and embrace the true meaning of the concept, along with the friendly banter between the supporters of all the clubs especially when going to matches.

A similar attitude to the usual stuff posted on T.Visa football section, week in and week out between supporters, ( I have never read any nasty stuff before, especially at season ending time. )

IMHO as always.

marshbags :o:D

Edited by marshbags

well there was a year or 2 when I thought Leeds were looking good...the new upcoming young blood with talent...and then next thing you know they had messed up somehow.

to the Leeds fan......see u again soon :o

I've been a Leeds fan for 38 years. We're at a low ebb, but I'm still proud to be a fan and I would never abandon them.

The likes of Sunderland can delight in our demise. In many ways, they are paying us a compliment because it shows they still see us as a huge club which, of course, we are.

It would be nice to see a bit more graciousness (of the type exhibited by Thaipauly) but that would be too much to ask.

No problem. Next season will be a great adventure. Following a team isnt all about gloryhunting - it's about experiencing the highs and lows of a lifelong commitment, something that, sadly, today's new breed of Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool fans will never experience.

I've just got back from the UK. I was over there for a week. I made it to the Ipswich game. It was a helluva day and one that will remain in my memory for the rest of my life, for good and bad reasons.

Will we be back? Of course we will.

Ok people , I have decided that if you want to have a pop at your least favourite teams you can now do so using a new thread thread

Those of you that continue to slag off other teams on their dedicated thread will be treated in a vulgar fashion..

You are still welcome to add sensible critique but try to be intelligient in your chocie of words.

Chon