Divorced but need to take my ex-wife back to court, but address unknown

Bender Rodriguez

hi,

I am divorced but need to take my ex-wife back to court, but her address is unknown.

Can I go to the police station with a Thai speaker explaining I am divorced, not knowing the current address of my ex-wife

(and thus cannot be summoned by court) asking for her current address with a copy of her ID card or is this not possible or is there another way.

She clearly does not live on the previous address anymore.

I agree with happy larry. However if your ex has moved her address and not changed her ID card I believe that your lawyer can send a registered letter to the ID address and if it's returned it still counts as valid service and the case can go on without the ex being present. 

33 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

I agree with happy larry. However if your ex has moved her address and not changed her ID card I believe that your lawyer can send a registered letter to the ID address and if it's returned it still counts as valid service and the case can go on without the ex being present. 

Yes you are right,in our case the court send the letter to the latest known address and gave the other party 3 months to reply.Nobody showed up and the case was won,just like that.

• Like 1

you know any person can go to court, WITHOUT lawyer, file a complaint in Thai

why oh why only a lawyer again, can get the address ...

the good people at the court could not / wanted not to check the address, even they have court/police officers...

I don't need an overpriced lawyer that asked 100.000++ baht , right happy larry, to file 1 petition 

it's like ONE PAPER

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hugocnx said:

So you are divorced and you don't have some documents from the divorce that show her id card info?

I have a copy of her id card, that is the same place as I have lived for the last xx years

I will never get a copy of her new id card nor an indication where she lives

part of the plan I guess

my expensive lawyer had to ask ME where she lived and I had only a clue where she might reside

so far for a lawyer be able for $$$$ to find out a simple thing for them, right, unless they don't do their job

but they always collect, or they take you to court for non payment

• Like 1