Adding a second signatory to a fixed term bank account

I was told by someone, who has apparently done it, it was possible to add a second signatory to an individual's fixed term bank account used for immigration purposes. I thought this would be handy for inheritance planning so yesterday I went to SCB to enquire. The bank said multiple signatories was not possible unless the account was a joint or business account. Has any one added a second signatory to an individual’s fixed term bank account (or other type of individual account) in particular one used for immigration purposes at SCB or any other Thai bank? Thanks in advance.

Edited by malcolminthemiddle

I don't know the answer to your question.  But, why don't you jointly start a new account, instead of trying to convince the bank to modify the existing one ?

Be aware - for a very obvious reason, you can't use a joint account for Immigration purposes.

28 minutes ago, allane said:

I don't know the answer to your question.  But, why don't you jointly start a new account, instead of trying to convince the bank to modify the existing one ?

Be aware - for a very obvious reason, you can't use a joint account for Immigration purposes.

Exactly - You answered your own question.