Renewal Requirements For Farang Retired Couple

We both have retirement visas and coming up on renewal. My visa was obtained in Thailand, based on a pension. My spouse's visa was obtained in USA based on bank account in USA. For renewal in Thailand, do we need seperate pension and/or bank accounts? If my spouse is in USA for renewal, can it be obtained again through the Thai Consulate in Washington, D.C. based on bank account in USA?

You only need one retirement extension of stay - the spouse will receive the same period of stay; as your dependent. So I would use pension and spouse extend stay on the basis of your extension of stay for retirement.

I believe at least one person has reported obtaining a second retirement visa from home country but not sure if that was done without a break or not. It is designed to be a one time thing and then you extend at immigration inside Thailand.

You only need one retirement extension of stay - the spouse will receive the same period of stay; as your dependent. So I would use pension and spouse extend stay on the basis of your extension of stay for retirement.

I believe at least one person has reported obtaining a second retirement visa from home country but not sure if that was done without a break or not. It is designed to be a one time thing and then you extend at immigration inside Thailand.

Thanks, Loburi3. We'll do that. What do you need to apply for dependent's status?

1. Application form

2. Copy of passport of the applicant

3. Copy of passport of the foreigner

who is granted permission to stay in

Thailand.

4. Copy of documents showing the

relationship such as the evidence of

marriage, copy of birth certificate,

evidence of the registration of

ordinary child adoption, certificate of

the registration of adopted child

adoption or other papers issued by

other related government

sectors/organizations.

Interesting. I don't recall hearing that, and good to know. I had thought one could keep the process (receiving OA visa at home country Thai embassy/consulate) going indefinitely.

Edited by wpcoe