Indiana Jones 5 writer says Steven Spielberg quit as director because his ideas ‘didn’t work'

snoop1130

Indiana Jones 5 writer says Steven Spielberg quit as director because his ideas ‘didn’t work'

By Jacob Stolworthy

Steven-Spielberg.jpg

Steven Spielberg quit ‘Indiana Jones 5’ earlier this year(Getty Imaged)

Steven Spielberg stepped down as director of Indiana Jones 5 due to trouble behind-the-scenes, it’s been revealed.

In February 2020, the filmmaker announced he would not be overseeing the project as he wished to pass the character's legacy on “to a new generation”.

However, screenwriter David Koepp has admitted creative differences over the script also inspired the move.

“I tried a couple different versions with Steven and they all had some good stuff about them and they all had some stuff that didn’t work, which happens,” he told Den of Geek.

Full Story: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/indiana-jones-5-steven-spielberg-quit-director-harrison-ford-release-date-trailer-b740989.html

Indiana Jones and the Wheelchair Raiders of the Crystal Skull Temple's Last Ark Crusade.

Having been "beamed aboard" by dimension jumping aliens shortly after his wedding to Marion, it's up to Mutt Williams (Indiana's son) to rescue him (assuming Shia LaBeouf can stay out of jail long enough to do the film).

Mutt will have to resurrect dead Nazis and figure out how to steal the Ark and install it in the Temple of Doom and then revive the comatose Irina Spalko (the kick-ass Russian agent who magically survived the destruction of the ancient temple in Peru and has been in a secret gov't hospital ever since) so she can provide a link to the location of the aliens.

No wonder Spielberg walked away from the film. Just not "weird" enough for him I guess !

Honestly, I didn't even know they were making a 5th film. I think they lost a lot of their fans with the way the last one ended. It was something Spielberg had wanted to do for a long time (have aliens in the series).
I kind of thought that was how they would end the series. Toss in the aliens he always wanted, wrap it up and file it under "Don't bother making any more of these".

But, they brought Ford back for the last set of Star Wars movies, and killed him, so maybe that will be the "big" moment in the next Indy film. Indy dies, but not before passing on his whip and fedora to (whoever) is meant to take over from him.

Let's hope it's not some barely B-lister like John Cena or Aaron Eckhart.

• Like 1