THAI launches economy-plus class in flights to London and Frankfurt until year-end

THAI launches economy-plus class in flights to London and Frankfurt until year-end

By THE NATION

800_8ce58be79c604e8.jpg

Thai Airways International Pcl (THAI) is offering a new economy plus class for passengers’ "superior comfort and to promote social distancing practice" amid the outbreak situation.

Wiwat Piyawiroj, THAI executive vice president of Commercial, said they would be available for booking from now until December on flights from Bangkok to London and Bangkok to Frankfurt. The flights will start from October 25.

Wiwat added that the new economy-plus class is the first four rows of the economy seats, featuring spaced out seats (middle seats are left empty) and special services such as express check-in, extra luggage weight of 5kg, same in-flight meal as business class, and free use of THAI special lounge at Suvarnabhumi Airport (terms and conditions apply.)

ภาพประกอบข่าว TG157.jpg

“THAI has also employed strict health measures in flights and at boarding areas to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff from Covid-19,” added Wiwat.

To reserve a flight, visit thaiairways.com or call THAI Contact Center 0-2356-1111 (between 8am-8pm).

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30395542

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-03

Will never fly Thai again until we get the money back for our cancelled flights.

When we bought our tickets the Govt were the majority shareholders and had total control of the company. When they sold that majority stake on restructuring it suddenly become 'sorry no longer our problem'.

The whole debacle stinks and judging by the number of online complaints of continuing cancelled flights the ill feeling has hopefully lost them a huge slice of future customers.

• Like 2

Economy plus just an empty seat between the other seats . People that pay more for a ticket want extra leg room not extra arm rest . So the people that book these more expensive seats are acctualy getting a normal economy seat and are paying for their business class food and airport lounge . 

10 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Will never fly Thai again until we get the money back for our cancelled flights.

When we bought our tickets the Govt were the majority shareholders and had total control of the company. When they sold that majority stake on restructuring it suddenly become 'sorry no longer our problem'.

The whole debacle stinks and judging by the number of online complaints of continuing cancelled flights the ill feeling has hopefully lost them a huge slice of future customers.

Yes.  What you describe is exactly what happened to me.  I booked a flight in March 2020 and two hours later they cancelled the flight.

I will not fly Thai again unless they refund my flight and even if they do refund they will be my last choice.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, In the jungle said:

Yes.  What you describe is exactly what happened to me.  I booked a flight in March 2020 and two hours later they cancelled the flight.

I will not fly Thai again unless they refund my flight and even if they do refund they will be my last choice.

I have a friend in Europe who end of last year, during a big promotion, booked a flight with Thai to Thailand for Augustus 2020.

Obviously that flight was cancelled, though he has in writing that he can use the ticket until August 2021

Edited by Susco

On 10/3/2020 at 8:17 AM, JusticeGB said:

Normal economy plus seats are wider and with a bigger gap between the seats. This is a scam to sell economy seats they can't fill at a higher price. 

You're describing Premium Economy which this is not pretending to be.  As said already, having an empty middle seat is akin to intra Europe Business Class (and intra USA First?) which may also have lounge access and extra luggage allowance etc.  It may be worth it to some passengers and not to others, but I don't see how it's a scam when it's clear what is being offered and hopefully at what price.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, In the jungle said:

And another point while I am venting my spleen.

Thai Airways has flown almost no flights in the last six months during which they have been haemorrhaging tax payers money.  How many staff do you think have been made redundant?

my sister in law son has been laid off ,he is business class  cabin crew ,but i believe 10 months being  paid 

On 10/3/2020 at 6:28 PM, Susco said:

I have a friend in Europe who end of last year, during a big promotion, booked a flight with Thai to Thailand for Augustus 2020.

Obviously that flight was cancelled, though he has in writing that he can use the ticket until August 2021

He'll probably use it to get a connecting flight to neighbouring country next August.