90 Day Report Question

I applied for extension of stay(marriage) July 1st and was told to go back July 29 with the under consideration stamp....

I went back on the 29th July and was granted the extension until Jun 30 2021 (Under this stamp it says to report every 90 days.)

Did the 90 days start when my extension was confirmed (29th July)?

IMG_20201004_041614.jpg

Edited by SteveJames

You first report was due 90 days from July 1st since that is the day you did the application for a extension.

From the immigration website.

"5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days."

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Monday October 5th is your 97th day, so you should be able to avoid the 2,000 baht fine.

Best of luck.

Immigration normally includes the report date in the 7 day count. If they count it that way today is the 7th day.

There should be no fine since the amnesty for 90 day reporting was extended from September 27th to the 31st of this month.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

My contention was that that "until" date would make the start date July 1, 2020.

I replied to your post that said this.

10 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

I think the "... until Jun 30 2021" sets the clock. 

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I replied to your post that said this.

Yes; I know. That's why I explained my point.

The expiration date is June 30, 2021. One could assume that the start date would have been July 1, 2020. Everything will be based on that date. 

Had July 29 been the start of the extension, the until date would have been July 28, 2021.

53 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

Had July 29 been the start of the extension, the until date would have been July 28, 2021.

I wrote that the day he applied for the extension was July 1st not the day his extension started. That is the day used to start his first 90 day report.

41 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I wrote that the day he applied for the extension was July 1st not the day his extension started. That is the day used to start his first 90 day report.

You're right. That's why your the global moderator. 

43 minutes ago, uncleP said:

I got a fine for being late with my 90 day during the amnesty. 

how much did you get fined?  they should make it more clear especially for first time peeps, they forgot to put the white reminder slip in my passport for this 90 day as well (Which I thought was odd at the time but overlooked as was so stressed with the whole process)

I'm going tomorrow to sort it, I'll pay if anything needs to be paid, at least after the first one I can do it online, I'll make a calender from now on, now I have experience I won't mess it up again. I mean if anything Im only a day after 97 days if they include the report day as a full day as UbonJoe says.

Edited by SteveJames

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Wrong

The day he applied is the day it started.

this makes everything clear. why people argue?

90 days starts from the APPLICATION date. not granted date...  as Ubon said and i take it

PS: i also thought it starts from the granted date.. lol

• Like 1

Hi, 2 questions:

on my 1 year extension multi-o thai wife visa:

- there is no stamp saying THAI WIFE, why i dont have that?

on your visa extension:

- there is no mentioning where it is from, which immigration.. ex: bangkok, khon kaen. I have a stamp saying its done in Khon Kaen.. why you dont have that?

all city visas are differnet?

there is no mentioning where it is from

IMM. DV1 and DV2 on the right page, that's Bangkok, looking at all my past extension all have THAI WIFE or SUPPORTING A THAI WIFE, maybe outside of Bangkok they do thing differently 

Edited by vinci

9 hours ago, problemfarang said:

there is no stamp saying THAI WIFE, why i dont have that?

I have a note in Thai at the top of the page my extension stamps are on that say it and and number stating how many I have gotten in total. image.png.907c558fb097b2a8716179bad6031b42.png

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I have a note in Thai at the top of the page my extension stamps are on that say it and and number stating how many I have gotten in total. image.png.907c558fb097b2a8716179bad6031b42.png

i have non of them. No THAI WIFE / no number or else. 

Done in Kalasin

UPDATE: yes i found it. its a very small red in thai stamp saying thaiwife. but in thai

thanks again

Edited by problemfarang