Help! Does Anyone Know An Antique Shop Owned By A Farang In Thapae Area!?

phrakid

The antique shop is owned by this farang aka caucasian man. The shop is at Thapae area, or rather night bazaar area. Its situated on a row of shops with a carpark in front of it. The carpark is a toll carpark where u have to pay for parking i guess...

This area is somewhere near the food stalls, whereby theres many cooked food stalls at this courtyard like place, with tables and chairs for diners to dine. and also near the bird's nest dessert stalls.

I went to this shop about 2 years ago, its really nice. They sell thai antiques and i notice the nice collection of burmese opium weights, which is some chicken n duck bronze ingots..

Does anyone know the name of this shop? Is the owner by chance a forumer here?

thanks!!

i not sure about the shop - but i know where to get the real opium weight

many is recast using brozen and then bury to look one .

the real stuff is not cheap ..

pm me if you are looking for them ..

Duck and chicken is the cheap one .. the lion looking one is the expensive stuff

really struggling to work out where this shop is. Only place i can think of is to go down thapae road and turn right into the night bazaar area and there is an antique shop on your right about 50 yards down.Not near food stalls or a courtyard or a car park though.

To be honest i wouldnt really say that Thapae and the night bazaar are in the same area although the roads do connect further down.

The other problem of course is that things change pretty quickly in Chiangmai so the shop may have moved as could the food stalls and the car park...

From description it sounds like the Anusarn market, not sure if its changed recently but used to have a large car park half way down with shops on either side. Just before soi that goes to Downtown Inn.

Anusarn makes sense! there was alot of food stalls in the centre though it has changed a bit down there.There is still a car park and i think i saw someone sellind birds nest soup there recently.

If you walk past the new food court area on the right there are some small shops selling all sorts of stuff.More bric-a-brac than antiques though.

I try not to go down there now as have recently had very poor experiences with the new restaurants/food courts there.Not to be reccomended :o

I friend of mine collects old opium pipes and he used to buy from shops at the end of Propapklao road ,towards the moat end. Quite a few antique and junk shops around there.Also have a look down Wualai road , again antique shops there