Can I Sell my Car if I’m not there?

sharktooth

Or maybe more correctly worded... can I transfer the ownership blue book over to the buyer, if I am not in Thailand? Like many I’m stranded outside and I am basically wrapping everything up, not to return. So can I sell it remotely? I have a good mate who will assist, but I need to know if I can and how I can, transfer ownership.

thanks

Its possible  but  there will bee some forms that need your signature and the car's blue book may also need your signature depending on which Department of land transportation your "friend" has to deal with.

from my notes ( yet again)

Foreigner seller needs to supply
certificate of residence from immigration ( should be free at immigration but varies from place to place )
For foreign seller, instead of certificate of residence also work permit or yellow housebook is accepted in certain provinces
if foreign seller has left Thailand then a signed copy of the exit from Thailand stamp in their passport instead of residence certificate and valid visa stamp.
(Certificate of residence not required in all provinces ?    / DLT's Pattaya requires it )
sometimes the police station will give you this document too.
copy passport photo page
copy of visa page and or extension  ( not expired )
signed  " nungsue moub umnart  ( if seller is not going with you to DLT )
signed  "beb  kum kor own le rup own ( if seller is not going with you to DLT )
green/blue book signed by current owner

and the forms and other information

Vehicle_Transfer_2.zip

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sharktooth said:

And those answers were about as much use as tits on a bull 

nice grateful reply to someone willing to do some searching for you instead of just wanting all the work done, some people don't need help they need a mum

• Like 1

7 hours ago, steve187 said:

nice grateful reply to someone willing to do some searching for you instead of just wanting all the work done, some people don't need help they need a mum

You obviously didn’t read the replies. Typical wild stabs in the dark and speculation.

22 hours ago, johng said:

Its possible  but  there will bee some forms that need your signature and the car's blue book may also need your signature depending on which Department of land transportation your "friend" has to deal with.

from my notes ( yet again)

and the forms and other information

Vehicle_Transfer_2.zip 7.86 MB · 2 downloads

the foreign seller DOES NOT need to supply a Residence Certificate.

only the BUYER needs to do that.

However, the seller must show a copy of his Visa, passport, and a couple of forms for the transport office that need to be signed from him (they can be sent to him by DHL etc, signed and returned to Thailand (friend) by DHL etc.  To get these forms, just go to a car dealer in Thailand, and they will give to you and show you where the seller needs to sign

if the seller has left Thailand, then that is ok, as described in the passage above, and the exit stamp is what is required, but for safety sake also supply a photocopy of visa which was current before leaving.

it is a simple process, and can be done easy.

but again, seller DOES NOT need to suppy a Resident Certificate.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, jackdd said:

Blue book

Transfer ownership form, signed by you https://www.dlt.go.th/th/download.php?ref=M2E0LJyirTkjoz13q29ZMT1sM2I0oTycrTMjpJ1Sq2IZoT1vM2S0qTysrPMjAz00qmuZZ21kM0I0MTycrS8oSo3Q

Power of attorney form, signed by you https://www.dlt.go.th/th/download.php?ref=M2E0LJyirTkjoz13q29ZMT1sM2I0oTycrTMjpJ1Sq2IZoT1vM2S0qTysrPMjZT01qmuZZ21kM0I0MTycrS8oSo3Q

Passport copies of the ID page and the exit stamp which shows that you left Thailand, signed by you

If you give these documents to the buyer he can transfer it into his name.

How high is the stack of first page passport copies?

On 10/8/2020 at 4:34 AM, jackdd said:

Blue book

Transfer ownership form, signed by you https://www.dlt.go.th/th/download.php?ref=M2E0LJyirTkjoz13q29ZMT1sM2I0oTycrTMjpJ1Sq2IZoT1vM2S0qTysrPMjAz00qmuZZ21kM0I0MTycrS8oSo3Q

Power of attorney form, signed by you https://www.dlt.go.th/th/download.php?ref=M2E0LJyirTkjoz13q29ZMT1sM2I0oTycrTMjpJ1Sq2IZoT1vM2S0qTysrPMjZT01qmuZZ21kM0I0MTycrS8oSo3Q

Passport copies of the ID page and the exit stamp which shows that you left Thailand, signed by you

If you give these documents to the buyer he can transfer it into his name.

Give the man a cigar. The above list of documents were approved by Transport department today. Thanks for that mate.