Thailand Elite price increase jan 1 2021

On 10/11/2020 at 7:14 PM, DrJack54 said:

Do not be confused by the poor choice of the word Elite. It's a tourist visa. 

It's actually a Privelege Entry (PE) visa (though the TE website says it is a tourist visa) which is once again being used to get COE's and all the rest so Elite Visa holders stuck outside can return to Thailand.  TR (tourist) visa holders are not now eligible to come to Thailand.

1162958544_ThailandElitevisaandentrystampnonumbers.jpg.181fa5efe33bae33dcf10fde2b8373f8.jpg

Edited by Kelsall
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/10/2020 at 4:31 PM, digger70 said:

Yea, they don't get too many takers so they have to put up the Fee to make more money.

True to the point of the Thai business model.  Raise the prices when your short customers to make up for the loss in customers.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kelsall said:

It's actually a Privelege Entry (PE) visa (though the TE website says it is a tourist visa) which is once again being used to get COE's and all the rest so Elite Visa holders stuck outside can return to Thailand.  TR (tourist) visa holders are not now eligible to come to Thailand.

1162958544_ThailandElitevisaandentrystampnonumbers.jpg.181fa5efe33bae33dcf10fde2b8373f8.jpg

I'm 45.  What do you think is the best visa to get?

13 hours ago, Kelsall said:

2 minutes ago, ExpatOK said:

I'm 45.  What do you think is the best visa to get?

Well, that depends on a lot of things: Your financial situation, how much you like Thailand, if you're ready to make a comimitment to Thailand, the virus, etc.  If you want to come to Thailand for a long time and don't want to wait until 2022 or later, I'd go with one of the Thailand Elite visas, depending again on your financial situation.  If you're not sure or have limited resources, I'd just hold off and see how things go.  If I were 45 and making good money online I'd go for the 20 year Elite Superiority Extension for 1M THB, jump through all the hoops to get in line, and come here.  Once in there would be little to no hassle for 20 years.  But that's just me.  Everyone has to decide for themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1